XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
rvladescu
Canada
Rep
Drives: 440 GC

Headlights

Help / Advice

I have a 2011 E70 with Adaptive headlights. I believe that my right headlight is aiming way too much to the right as I can see really well the sidewalks. I am looking to see if my headlights are misaligned before bringing it to the deal as I strongly believe that they will tell me if there is no code there is nothing wrong. Does anyone knows how to check the alignment for the e70 against a wall?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

On my E46 there are manual adjustments behind the headlight units to adjust up/down & right/left, though I've never looked for these on my E70 (at work now, can't check).

With that said, the right headlight should project somewhat onto the shoulder/sidewalk to help illuminate as much as possible. The driver side doesn't do this as you'd blind on-coming traffic. Not saying yours don't need to be re-aligned, but the right and left should project differently.
Appreciate 0