XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
simon š
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Anti theft function bmw x6

Guys!

Its seems like i have problems with my bmw x6 one after another.
My car was unpluged from the main battery when it left the USA Today ive got a call from my agent shipper that the car is totally blocked and that the truck company cannot even open the car and that for that reasopn the car today was not loaded to truck container.Now apperantly i mut wait to mechanic crew from bmw to arrive to the port ! Any help would be needed.IS there some code perhaps?Its seems that anti theft funtion has been enabled.What do you think?

Thanks!
Simon Š
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon š View Post
Guys!

Its seems like i have problems with my bmw x6 one after another.
My car was unpluged from the main battery when it left the USA Today ive got a call from my agent shipper that the car is totally blocked and that the truck company cannot even open the car and that for that reasopn the car today was not loaded to truck container.Now apperantly i mut wait to mechanic crew from bmw to arrive to the port ! Any help would be needed.IS there some code perhaps?Its seems that anti theft funtion has been enabled.What do you think?

Thanks!
Simon Š
Have you tried using the key?
      08-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
simon š
Private
Rep

Nothing . Im about 1000 miles away from the car The other key is already in the car but nothing ....
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Nothing . Im about 1000 miles away from the car The other key is already in the car but nothing ....
No idea.

I would suggest you call the dealer that you purchased the car from and ask to speak to a technician that knows the X6 and see what he has to say about this.

It sounds like a safety feature they build into the car to prevent someone from stealing it (which I guess is a good thing just not in your particular case at the moment!).
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
simon š
Private
Rep

Wait for bmw tech. to arrive from bremenhaven bmw to the port
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Wonder why it was unplugged and by who, seems to me someone that knows about this car would know the precautions to take before unplugging. What amazes me more is they unplugged the car without taking the key out !

I am sorry this happened to you but glad there is no way to defeat the security other than by authorized BMW personnel.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
simon š
Private
Rep

It was unplugged becouse when you put the car into the 20" cont. you must follow procedure by the ship protocol oversease..You must also leave just a little gasoline in the tank.
Maybe you are correct,good logic...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #8
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Well if the battery gets reconnected I think BMW assist can send an "unlock door" signal to it but not sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
simon š
Private
Rep

NEW DEVELOPMENT regarding the car!
The mobile bmw crew came and they somehow fixed the anti theft function,but the car still does not start .Im getting news that is maybe becouse the key has no power and so the car wont start!What do youall think?It looks like the car is gonig to a mechanic bmw in bremenhaven! They just wait guys like me who bought 2x cheaper the car in USA! My instinct is that they will rip me off!!!

haha,
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

Quote:
NEW DEVELOPMENT regarding the car!
The mobile bmw crew came and they somehow fixed the anti theft function,but the car still does not start .Im getting news that is maybe becouse the key has no power and so the car wont start!What do youall think?It looks like the car is gonig to a mechanic bmw in bremenhaven! They just wait guys like me who bought 2x cheaper the car in USA! My instinct is that they will rip me off!!!

haha,
Is the bumper-to-bumper warranty valid on a personal export? If so I don't see why you would need to pay for the work - still a new BMW at the end of the day!!!

Cheers, Anteater.
Appreciate 0