XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

01-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i m-sport

TRADE: X5M Aluminum trim for Carbon Leather

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'd like to trade my aluminum trim for carbon leather. The car is only two weeks old, so every piece is in perfect condition. I know it's a long shot, but if you have a X5M with carbon leather and you'd like to trade, please let me know. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

I got bamboo wood for ya buddy! u know it brings up the sophistication level in the M with the wood. Ur in Laguna...u deserve the best
PM me if interested. Its a long shot . thought id reach out anyway!
Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB
I got bamboo wood for ya buddy! u know it brings up the sophistication level in the M with the wood. Ur in Laguna...u deserve the best
PM me if interested. Its a long shot . thought id reach out anyway!
Rob
Hahah nice sales pitch!! But, to the shock of everyone, I will have to pass. Not a wood man. Thanks though
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
MaxSpeedX5M
Need 4 Speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIN335 View Post
Hahah nice sales pitch!! But, to the shock of everyone, I will have to pass. Not a wood man. Thanks though
hello, did you do the interior swap yet? i have the carbon interior and was looking to do the swap but wasn't sure how difficult it was to remove the trim. from what i've read, looks like it's a PITA.

i currently have a 2012 x5m. question, is the alum center console trim real aluminum or painted to look aluminum? i test drove a x5d with the trim and the trim on the center console was smooth and didn't feel like the real deal.

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSpeedX5M View Post
hello, did you do the interior swap yet? i have the carbon interior and was looking to do the swap but wasn't sure how difficult it was to remove the trim. from what i've read, looks like it's a PITA.

i currently have a 2012 x5m. question, is the alum center console trim real aluminum or painted to look aluminum? i test drove a x5d with the trim and the trim on the center console was smooth and didn't feel like the real deal.

thanks!
Hey I think I've given up on this deal, but I'm surprised I actually had a response. I also heard that switching it out is really difficult and time consuming, and I'd probably end up damaging the car some how. I still want the carbon leather, but someone here on the forum said its nearly impossible without taking things apart.

The trim is all real aluminum, except for the spot around the shifter, but thats plastic on all the cars. I wouldn't describe the aluminum as smooth haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Hey I think I've given up on this deal, but I'm surprised I actually had a response. I also heard that switching it out is really difficult and time consuming, and I'd probably end up damaging the car some how. I still want the carbon leather, but someone here on the forum said its nearly impossible without taking things apart.

The trim is all real aluminum, except for the spot around the shifter, but thats plastic on all the cars. I wouldn't describe the aluminum as smooth haha.
If this trim is as easy as the E92 M3 then EAS can do it in 30-60 mins. Very easy. They took out my Carbon Leather and put in Brushed Aluminum. Several tabs were broken and they gave me brand new ones with the swap. I watched the entire swap. Looked easy. Again that was for the M3 but honestly my X5 interior is similar.

My X5 has the dark wood and looks just like the M3 trim.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

can you post some pics? I wanna see how alu. trim looks. (I have carbon black trims)

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Quote:

ya know Don Nguyen is a sponsor on Bimmerfest and maybe here too, he can wrap ur carbon in 3m Aluminum! FYI
he did mine in CF. this dumb website wont let me upload the pics. but it came out amazing ! hes a class act!.
donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
If this trim is as easy as the E92 M3 then EAS can do it in 30-60 mins. Very easy. They took out my Carbon Leather and put in Brushed Aluminum. Several tabs were broken and they gave me brand new ones with the swap. I watched the entire swap. Looked easy. Again that was for the M3 but honestly my X5 interior is similar.

My X5 has the dark wood and looks just like the M3 trim.
I was hoping it was easy like the M3 too, since I've seen EAS do it as well, but 5seriesHB and some other user messaged me telling me it was very hard. I think some are simple but the center ones look like a PITA. If anyone could confirm it was easy I'd still be down for a local swap for the carbon leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
can you post some pics? I wanna see how alu. trim looks. (I have carbon black trims)
Ill try to get around to it, I never take interior pics since the outside is all I care about haha. I see youre in Irvine, are you the guy with the white one with black rims always driving by Newport Coast Drive/Bonita Canyon/Culver??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
ya know Don Nguyen is a sponsor on Bimmerfest and maybe here too, he can wrap ur carbon in 3m Aluminum! FYI
he did mine in CF. this dumb website wont let me upload the pics. but it came out amazing ! hes a class act!.
donathon@gmail.com
I have the aluminum, I want the carbon fiber haha. And thanks for the recommendation. I had a friend wrap his STI trim in carbon leather-like wrap and it turned out really nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was hoping it was easy like the M3 too, since I've seen EAS do it as well, but 5seriesHB and some other user messaged me telling me it was very hard. I think some are simple but the center ones look like a PITA. If anyone could confirm it was easy I'd still be down for a local swap for the carbon leather.

Ill try to get around to it, I never take interior pics since the outside is all I care about haha. I see youre in Irvine, are you the guy with the white one with black rims always driving by Newport Coast Drive/Bonita Canyon/Culver??

I have the aluminum, I want the carbon fiber haha. And thanks for the recommendation. I had a friend wrap his STI trim in carbon leather-like wrap and it turned out really nice.
Justin
this project is a nightmare for the X . Completely different animal than lets say a 5 series!
id wrap it in CF or aluminum and move on and njoy.
the dealer will do it and they will charge u for like 12 hour to take on and off!
crazy expensive. i exhausted every option. Trust me
Cheers
Rob
Appreciate 0