XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
AgsWin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Frozen Dark Grey M3

Question Changing Interior Trim

Is it possible to change the interior trim on the X6? I am looking to get piano or carbon fiber and would rather do a swap out as opposed to removing and painting or wrapping. Has anybody done this and where did you purchase the new trim pieces? I do not want to pay $1800 for the OEM real carbon fiber btw.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #2
snipez999
Private
Rep
Drives: X6M50d

If lucky enough to find an accident damaged one in a breakers/scrap yard you could still pay top dollar for undamaged interior parts (these guys know the costs of OEM kit). I would suggest you go for a good quality CF wrap and try this first before making final decision. I bought some which is a great weave and has multiple channels running along the adhesive side; this bonds really, really well when heated. I am using it on my underbody front giard. On an internal application it would look stunning no doubt. It's easy enough to pop the trim panels DIY style and get a heatgun or hairdryer on a section, then trim it with a craft knife. Would cost peanuts and could be removed when selling or if you decided not to in the end. I got mine from here: http://www.carwrapdirect.com/3d-carb...lack-air-free/
HTH
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgsWin View Post
Is it possible to change the interior trim on the X6? I am looking to get piano or carbon fiber and would rather do a swap out as opposed to removing and painting or wrapping. Has anybody done this and where did you purchase the new trim pieces? I do not want to pay $1800 for the OEM real carbon fiber btw.
Unfortunately for us it's an absolute nightmare in the e70/71 to remove trim
Mostly difficult parts are the glove box piece and the 2 pieces than run from the cup holders to the center console arm rest
A few member have done this and with all 4 doors dashboard and center console it took them 8 hours to remove and put back on
I was planning on doing this same exact project but came to my senses
Good luck
Keep us posted
Appreciate 0