XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-08-2024, 01:08 PM   #1
grkmspr
Rep
Drives: X6 xdrive35i

How can i check oil level manually?

Hello, I bought a 2013 model xdrive35i X6 from the gallery yesterday. It had been waiting to be sold at the gallery for 2 months.

There are a lot of oil leaks in the car. I want to check oil level, At first it did not measure (says go to ser ice), then when I checked the oil level of the car, it was below the minimum level and it was telling me to add oil. I added 1 liter of oil. Then I checked the level again, it was still telling me to add 1 liter of oil, then it did not show this and said "engine oil sufficient for drive". By the way, the car has 3446 oil condition sensor missing fault. I started the car, but I heard unpleasant metal sounds from the engine and I was afraid and turned it off. When I check it with the diagnostic device I have, the oil level appears to be 0.29mm. What is the value it should be? Is the oil sensor working or not? How can i check manually is there any place to put dipstick? Can i trust the sufficient message? What happens if this sensor not working?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 08:32 AM   #2
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

There is no manual/dipstick measurement. I would do an oil change so you can fill to proper spec. And while the oil is drained, you might as well change the oil fill sensor if you suspect it might be faulty.
      02-11-2024, 06:55 PM   #3
Freude_am_fahren
Rep
Drives: BMW M1

You can check the oil level manually be draining the oil and measuring the drained volume.
Appreciate 0