XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Dyno Results

I brought my M in today to get a few pulls on the Dyno Dynamics and was pretty disappointed to say the least. Tune or no tune I put down ALOT lower number than I thought it would. Best run was 408 HP and about 490 ft lb TQ. I was told and have seen in other posts that Dyno Dynamics is very safe and lower than the Dyno Jet but from what I've seen it's supposed to be most accurate and similar to the Mustang Dyno. I already have an appontment to bring it back in to have a few more pulls with stock ecu instead of the Velos tune to see what the difference was.
      07-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Not sure if this is because you have DPs (I don't), but mine was only whistling that loud at WOT when I had a boost/vacuum leak from a crankcase ventilation hose (the Connecting Line, to be exact - #3 in the link below)...

Vehicle was definitely loosing power up top but no error codes were thrown...

Could be why you're putting down lower-than-stock numbers, while tuned. I'd check for oil residue on that bridge that guides the hose from one side to the other...

Unfortunately, it's impossible to check the two lines being connected since they are pretty buried on the sides...probably would have to get it smoked to test those for leaks...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4291
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX5Monster View Post

I brought my M in today to get a few pulls on the Dyno Dynamics and was pretty disappointed to say the least. Tune or no tune I put down ALOT lower number than I thought it would. Best run was 408 HP and about 490 ft lb TQ. I was told and have seen in other posts that Dyno Dynamics is very safe and lower than the Dyno Jet but from what I've seen it's supposed to be most accurate and similar to the Mustang Dyno. I already have an appontment to bring it back in to have a few more pulls with stock ecu instead of the Velos tune to see what the difference was.
If you're saying this dyno is known for being a low reading dyno... then these numbers are on. Can't compare apples to oranges... One dyno to the other... but if we WERE to do that then this sounds about right. The Velos tune doesnt add a lot of peak HP... It adds mid range power... IIRC only about 15 peak awhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Not sure if this is because you have DPs (I don't), but mine was only whistling that loud at WOT when I had a boost/vacuum leak from a crankcase ventilation hose (the Connecting Line, to be exact - #3 in the link below)...
Thats the dyno, not his turbos.
      07-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
Thats the dyno, not his turbos.
Ahhh, got you...never been close to one...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #5
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Thanks for the feedback and will try to look into it.
      07-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

your best bet is to hit the track and compare your mph with other like modified rigs.

good da and elevation are your friends.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

how many miles do you have ?

new injectors ?
plugs replaced every 30k ?
if more than 80k miles may be need walnut blasting ?

but that does seem a bit low
      07-27-2016, 07:16 AM   #8
Creamo3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White X5M

I wouldn't get too hung up on the numbers just yet. Did you ever baseline your truck stock as a comparison to your tuned/modded numbers? I personally like to tune on a Mustang/Dyno Dynamics dyno as they are load bearing dynos and allow you to fine tune different areas of the map under different load conditions, whereas, most Dynojets don't have eddy current brakes to simulate load. I have found that most Dynojets read about the same from shop to shop as there are less variables that can be modified. Take the truck to the drag strip if you like and compare to what others are running. My personal best was 12.2 @ 112 and think it may have a little more in it with cooler weather.
      07-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Where are you located? I'm happy to meet you and put mine on the same Dyno to see if it's the Dyno, the car, or the tune!