XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
lietuvonis
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 e53

Exclamation E53 Leather Seat Swap Seat belt Airbag issue

Hello Members!
I hope someone can help me with my issue,
So the deal is that I bought ainterior for my facelift x5 e53 and When replacing the seats I did not disconnected the battery, swapped over the front seats and now I have 2x error 1st is Both seats show Seat belt Buckle error (the buckle is with the airbag) and the airbag light is on the dashboard 2nd it shows Occupancy error,so the steps I tried to fix this was
1. Clear the error with INPA, P.A SOFT DELPHI ( NO LUCK
2. Replace seat belt buckles from old seats (swap them over ( error still there,
3.Disconnected the battery and left overnight (no luck

Both sets of seats are memory and fully electrical(basically identical,,,,)

To tell the whole story I was replacing the whole interior, door cards seats even roof liner, and to add to the issue after replacing roof liner my roof light will not shut off when pressed(even when press and hold) it will only go off if driving or doors are closed for at least 2 min or locking the car... tried to look into all cables no luck investigated fuses which are all ok...again roof line is identical to the one bought,,,,If someone can point out where to start tracking the issue I would really appreciate
THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #2
deansbimmer
Mporium BMW
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
You should try xoutpost or xbimmers for E53 advice. You're not likely to get any X5 technical advice from an M3 forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
You should try xoutpost or xbimmers for E53 advice. You're not likely to get any X5 technical advice from an M3 forum.
Bimmerpost is a forum for all BMW products, not just the M3.

That said, it is true that there is no E53 forum, nor are there forums for most other pre-E90 (pre-2004) BMW models.
Appreciate 0