XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Opposites do attract

Well, I decided to park my 2011 X5M in the garage & bought a 2013 Prius V.

I was more concerned about getting into an accident while driving the X5M as my daily commuter car. The savings in gas mileage was a plus.

So far I have driven 200 miles & the gas tank is just a hair under full.

The X5M will become the garage queen taken out for short pleasure drives.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

Thumbs down

Dude i cant believe u posted that!
Do u really expect anyone to go great!
that move is definitely something u keep to urself.
But u bought a car that literally moves like a snail, that seems more dangerous to me as ur pulling into traffic with that car and people are flying up on you and have to mash on there brakes so they dont slam into a car that really isn't moving as quickly as cars they are used to having out pull out in front of them for the last 10 yrs.
Just my thought...its not to late to make believe this never happened!
my 2 cents....
if u keep it be careful and i guess try to njoy..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB
But u bought a car that literally moves like a snail, that seems more dangerous to me as ur pulling into traffic with that car and people are flying up on you and have to mash on there brakes so they dont slam into a car that really isn't moving as quickly as cars they are used to having out pull out in front of them for the last 10 yrs.
my 2 cents....
Woah woah woah!! Uncalled for! You're acting like you've never heard of a commuter car. Just because you have/like BMWs or other luxury cars doesn't mean that you absolutely can't be seen in something made by Toyota. My cousins family has an e92 M3, 750Li, MB S600 and a F10 535. They just bought a Prius, and now my uncle will not touch his 7 Series. He LOVES that Prius. My family has a Prius too, and they're good cars. And surprisingly not slow (in Power mode). I usually don't like to admit this but I got my only speeding ticket in a Prius Plus you can lie to people and say you care about the environment, while conveniently forgetting to mention the 5 MPG beast hiding in your garage.

I, and I assume many others here, support your purchase. (even though i like the standard Prius shape better) Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm getting a kick out of both responses. I can also relate to both.

Yes, the Prius can be slow, especially if you are trying to see what the best gas mileage you can get. The Power mode works just fine & makes driving the car just like any other normal (non x5m) car.

I now drive & park at work not worried about door dings or some uninsured hitting me. Makes driving the X5M that much more special when I take it out for a weekend drive.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

glad you didnt ditch the M for it haha. congrats on the new car

2018 M6 Gran Coupe Competition- Singapore Grey/Aragon Brown
DME Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

Quote:
my 2 cents....
I hear ya! Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Cool

It's all good
Just glad nobody got to bent out of shape about my post
I'm replying from my Msport 50 x5
Gonna go home and jump in my commuter 535msport

Goodnight all

Oh no cops r behind me .....
I new i should have bought a Prius!
Oh well maybe I can carpool since we both live I'm OC
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
Thinkkkker
BMWs since 1977
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M Silverstone

Thumbs down

Next time feel like posting about your Prius you might want to consider posting to the Prius forum. There isn't much added value to your post on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker
Next time feel like posting about your Prius you might want to consider posting to the Prius forum. There isn't much added value to your post on this forum.
Yeah, right
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
That's funny, that's exactly what we did... except I still drive my X5M everyday, my wife parked her Cayenne S and drives the Prius 100% of the time. We've talked about buying a Prius for years, we finally did just for the fun of it. After her first fill up (400+ miles), and only cost her $30 she told me we should have bought a Prius years ago. She said it's like driving for free!

I am beginning to like it too, it is very challenging to be able to drive it fast and keep the MPG up. There are certain Prius driving techniques that you need to follow. One thing for sure is that we are definitely your typical Prius owner and driver, and definitely not a tree huger (Just look at my garage) so you will not see us holding up traffic in the left lane. On the contrary we are always the first off the light and over speed limit.

Only been a month, I've already been adding mod parts to the car. Like new 17" TRD wheels, wider tires, clear bra, leather seats, sway bar etc... More mods coming.

Funny, I would say this being a gearhead. I am sold on the Prius! It's a very neat little car that does pretty amazing things. The low mounted battery helps lower the center of the gravity, so it handles very well. I think the negative stigma comes from the idiot owners and drivers of the Prius that doesn't know how to drive, and are inconsiderate of other driver's on the road.

Last edited by mrpcar; 02-06-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Oh yeah, the top reason why I love the Prius.

I love to see people's faces and the big question mark on the top of their head when I smoke them on the road. Yes, the Prius can be driven fairly fast. 90+ mph is easy to do.

Just yesterday I passed a car in a sweeping banked turn doing 90. The other driver had to step on the brake to slow down. He chased up with me and stay behind my Prius kept on checking out the car trying to figure out why I out cornered him. I was laughing so hard when I saw his face. Of course he didn't know I also have many hours of racing school training. LOL!

It's the ultimate sleeper, just like the X5M. That's why I love them both!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpcar
Oh yeah, the top reason why I love the Prius.

I love to see people's faces and the big question mark on the top of their head when I smoke them on the road. Yes, the Prius can be driven fairly fast. 90+ mph is easy to do.

Just yesterday I passed a car in a sweeping banked turn doing 90. The other driver had to step on the brake to slow down. He chased up with me and stay behind my Prius kept on checking out the car trying to figure out why I out cornered him. I was laughing so hard when I saw his face. Of course he didn't know I also have many hours of racing school training. LOL!

It's the ultimate sleeper, just like the X5M. That's why I love them both!
Still not a Prius fan but I love seeing Prius drivers drive like that every now and then LOL!

And you're right about the X5M; it is a sleeper, huh? I never really thought about it like that until I realized not a lot of people know what it is or that there's an "M" X5. Everyone knows M3 or M5 and they know they're fast. But as for the X5M, I think majority of people just look at it like a sporty high end SUV. Crazy...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
the X5M is definitely a sleeper, 9 out of 10 people have no idea what it is. That's why I get so many idiot Mustang and Camero drivers that tries to over take me on the freeway. I always leave them a mile behind, they had no idea what just hit them and would stay behind me the whole time trying to figure out my badge. This actually just happened the other day, an Audi A6 tried to out take me on a freeway on ramp so I punched it and left him behind. He pulled up to me and stay behind my side the whole time... I think he was checking out my badge, trying to figure out what the heck this X5 was.

Coincidentally I have a license plate frame that reads "Yes, it's an "M", Yes I am insane"

LOL!

I also noticed the X5M is also a major MILF magnet. I get more looks from MILF than I do in the Ferrari....
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #14
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpcar View Post
the X5M is definitely a sleeper, 9 out of 10 people have no idea what it is. That's why I get so many idiot Mustang and Camero drivers that tries to over take me on the freeway. I always leave them a mile behind, they had no idea what just hit them and would stay behind me the whole time trying to figure out my badge. This actually just happened the other day, an Audi A6 tried to out take me on a freeway on ramp so I punched it and left him behind. He pulled up to me and stay behind my side the whole time... I think he was checking out my badge, trying to figure out what the heck this X5 was.

Coincidentally I have a license plate frame that reads "Yes, it's an "M", Yes I am insane"

LOL!

I also noticed the X5M is also a major MILF magnet. I get more looks from MILF than I do in the Ferrari....
Sweet garage pcar!

I have to say I agree with everything you said above. I love ruining peoples day in an SUV nothing more satisfying. And the MILFS just keep coming!!!!
      02-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Just ran passed a Prius jogging w my daughter in the stroller.
Now that was fun!
He looked like he was probably getting 100 mpg
Fantastic

Headed down to the Toyota dealership right now!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Now that was fun!
Fantastic

LOL!!! The Prius have several modes, you can actually drive 100% on battery until the battery runs low. So 100 mpg is very possible. The car starts off from standing still on full electric too, then the gas engine kicks in. All sort of things switch over while you drive, different mode, different combination of power, charging etc. It's very interesting.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
serge1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpcar View Post
There are certain Prius driving techniques that you need to follow.
The technique is pretty obvious - No more than 55mph. Ever. In left lane. While feeling like saving polar bears and penquins.

P.S. Nice garage!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Wink

Ps this just in ......
If I drive a Prius ur lame!
And if ur garaging ur x5m for this reason.
U need to seek help immediately!

LoL

Fun thread
Glad u posted
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

There's also an alternative motive working here. I wouldn't be surprised if the X5M gets traded in for a new M5 someday. The Prius V can replace the "Utility" portion of the SUV.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDP2011X5M View Post
There's also an alternative motive working here. I wouldn't be surprised if the X5M gets traded in for a new M5 someday. The Prius V can replace the "Utility" portion of the SUV.
Believe it or not I was very surprised at how much trunk room there is in the Prius. Almost pack as much as the X5.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Now that was fun!
Fantastic

Hahahahaha!!! Awesome story! Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #22
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Smile

Ok I have a plan
Why don't all the guys with M's and prius's pack all ur crap and move over to the
"I'm jocking my Prius" forum

It's sickening

Priuspost.net
Or Iluvmyprius.org.

Ps. If this thread went on forever I would not mind
It's a blast!
Appreciate 0