XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
NCA Motorsports
Banned
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M E60 M5

No bass in my car

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone's come across this. I've got no bass in my car. The subs on the seats aren't working. I have no faults or anything. Before I start ordering stuff or trying to change things was wondering if anyone else encountered this and what was the fix for it!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
Yanchii
Second Lieutenant
Moldova
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCA Motorsports View Post
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone's come across this. I've got no bass in my car. The subs on the seats aren't working. I have no faults or anything. Before I start ordering stuff or trying to change things was wondering if anyone else encountered this and what was the fix for it!
Any fuses blown? I had an issue once with no sound and it was a blown fuse.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
milarsky
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Happened to me this summer. I got a few different answers but here is my take. You may have blown both subs, or they went out because they are not independently run. That said I replaced them with an absolutely awesome pair of BavSound subs. Installation was a breeze as they have perfect YouTube tutorials. Basically, slide the seat back remove front seat bolts, slide seat forward, unbolt other seat bolts. Tilt seats without unplugging anything and get to work on removing stock subs. Replacement is as simple as plugging them in. Perfect fitment.
jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
NCA Motorsports
Banned
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milarsky View Post
Happened to me this summer. I got a few different answers but here is my take. You may have blown both subs, or they went out because they are not independently run. That said I replaced them with an absolutely awesome pair of BavSound subs. Installation was a breeze as they have perfect YouTube tutorials. Basically, slide the seat back remove front seat bolts, slide seat forward, unbolt other seat bolts. Tilt seats without unplugging anything and get to work on removing stock subs. Replacement is as simple as plugging them in. Perfect fitment.
jeff
Yeah I was thinking that. Did it on my x6m. Guess I'll be buying the bavsound as the sub from the dealer is like $500 each
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
jeff
did the BavSound subs sound any better than factory subs?

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 11:49 PM   #6
milarsky
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

My lord yes. The BavSound speakers are far superior in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
did the BavSound subs sound any better than factory subs?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #7
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
My lord yes. The BavSound speakers are far superior in my opinion.
Did your x5 come with S677A HiFi System Professional DSP?
Appreciate 0