XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

View Poll Results: Should I buy it???
Yes 1 8.33%
No 11 91.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

07-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
timmya
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i M-Sport

Legitimate Deal. IS THIS A GOOD BUY?? ALL HELP/OPINIONS PLEASE!

Last week, I posted this picture asking about the damage done and if you would buy it. I have wanted to buy the car, despite the damage and most of you agreed it wasn't too bad.

The damage was the X5 being rear ended, as you can see from the pic below, the total bill was about $9,000. The gentlemen works for BMW and its his car, so he requested all the parts be replaced instead of repaired. The work was completed by Delevan Auto Body in New Jersey, and they are a certified BMW Body shop and the parts were original BMW parts ordered by the dealership.

The car is a 2011 X5 50i M Sport with just under 11,000 miles. Big thing, the car was new and punched in April 2011, so its only 14 months old, which is pretty huge bonus for me.

Its fully decked out with Premium Pack, Cold Weather, M Sport, Premium Sound, Comfort Access, Active Seats, Multi Contour Seats, Bamboo Trim, Tech Package, Rear Climate, Heated Rear Seats, and Leather Dashboard. The sticker was just about $81,000.

Its exactly what I would order if buying new. THE SALE PRICE BEFORE TAX, WOULD BE $58,000. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL????

I have tried my best looking for this for 2 months, I have seen many with less options or more miles, or various colors for 60-62k. Many have been punched in 2010, making them 2 years old, but also were not rear ended.

1. I have two options, buy it from him for $58,000.
2. Wait for his BMW dealership to buy the car out from him, for less than his payoff of $61,500. But then I would have no clue what I would buy from the dealership for. It could be less, it could be more. That is the risk. It could be the same. No agreement there at all. The car has no problems, but the dealer is willing to use BMW assist to buy it from him, as long as he gets another car of the same value. Which he is doing.

I love the car, the options, I love it all. When it comes to money, I wish it was 57,000, BUT IF YOU GUYS SAY ITS OK TO BUY AND THE DEAL IS OK, I AM WILLING TO SACRIFICE AND END THE HASSEL SEARCH AND PAY 58,000.

What do you think Guys? Should i buy it? Is this a good deal? Please help me, as this is a huge purchase and need some advice.

I appreciate all the responses I could get.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmya
Last week, I posted this picture asking about the damage done and if you would buy it. I have wanted to buy the car, despite the damage and most of you agreed it wasn't too bad.

The damage was the X5 being rear ended, as you can see from the pic below, the total bill was about $9,000. The gentlemen works for BMW and its his car, so he requested all the parts be replaced instead of repaired. The work was completed by Delevan Auto Body in New Jersey, and they are a certified BMW Body shop and the parts were original BMW parts ordered by the dealership.

The car is a 2011 X5 50i M Sport with just under 11,000 miles. Big thing, the car was new and punched in April 2011, so its only 14 months old, which is pretty huge bonus for me.

Its fully decked out with Premium Pack, Cold Weather, M Sport, Premium Sound, Comfort Access, Active Seats, Multi Contour Seats, Bamboo Trim, Tech Package, Rear Climate, Heated Rear Seats, and Leather Dashboard. The sticker was just about $81,000.

Its exactly what I would order if buying new. THE SALE PRICE BEFORE TAX, WOULD BE $58,000. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL????

I have tried my best looking for this for 2 months, I have seen many with less options or more miles, or various colors for 60-62k. Many have been punched in 2010, making them 2 years old, but also were not rear ended.

1. I have two options, buy it from him for $58,000.
2. Wait for his BMW dealership to buy the car out from him, for less than his payoff of $61,500. But then I would have no clue what I would buy from the dealership for. It could be less, it could be more. That is the risk. It could be the same. No agreement there at all. The car has no problems, but the dealer is willing to use BMW assist to buy it from him, as long as he gets another car of the same value. Which he is doing.

I love the car, the options, I love it all. When it comes to money, I wish it was 57,000, BUT IF YOU GUYS SAY ITS OK TO BUY AND THE DEAL IS OK, I AM WILLING TO SACRIFICE AND END THE HASSEL SEARCH AND PAY 58,000.

What do you think Guys? Should i buy it? Is this a good deal? Please help me, as this is a huge purchase and need some advice.

I appreciate all the responses I could get.
I'm sorry, but $58K on a vehicle that has lost 14 months warranty & was wrecked doesn't equate to a good deal to me
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Buy New

Buy a new X5, or CPO X5. Then no worries! Just my thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
jddssc121
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vroom

IMHO I'd walk away
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
soopaman15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2000 S4 Stg3, 2011 X5 5.0i

I recently purchased similar vehicle 2011 x5 5.0 m-sport with 12,000 miles. No accident for 60,000. Had a few more options than the one your looking at. Be patient.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
grkmec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

no way!
Appreciate 0