XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

X5M Megan Racing Muffler

megan racing muffler: thoughts?

Last edited by reihani; 07-28-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihani View Post
hey, I'm being doing research on all types of mufflers/exhaust systems for the x5m. i had the eisenmann race, $5000 system that i only kept for two weeks. basically it ruined the car, and was too loud. anyone have any comments/reviews with regards to the megan race exhaust? its about 500bucks....about a fifth of a cost compared to other systems.. thanks for ur time
Did you try the standard Eisenmann muffler, I had one on a M3, the race models are always to loud.

There's not a lot in a muffler, the louder they are the less there is in them , the more you pay!

"Race" is just a term for a loud exhaust for a street car, I would speed $500 on a muffler, the cats, crossovers etc are fine.

$5000 for a few HP is alot, when a $600 chip tune will give you 3 times as much HP with the standard exhaust system.

I don't mind a nice note in an exhaust, but you can achieve it without paying $5k, if you check the M3 threads you will see some are cutting open there standard muffler and re-routing some of the enternal pipes to gain to sound.

In hindsight if it were me (with my M3) I would have alter the internals of the oem muffler, would have saved me $2,500.

Thinking of giving my M50d a bit more loud, but will buy a standard muffler and give it to my local exhaust shop to alter for couple hundred dollars, I have 740nm of torque, I don't need any more power just a little more note?

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0