XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

01-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #67
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh.brandon View Post
Bonus picture
Quote:
Ind distribution painted reflectors
coming along nice
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #68
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Trial #4
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #69
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

These shops didn't even attempt to install these spacers...I torqued the wheel and wheels bolts down on the spacer and it sat right down flush on the brake hat...problem solved. Moral don't let idiots touch your car and don’t pay people to do things you are capable of doing.

Last edited by Teh.brandon; 01-09-2018 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #70
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Celebratory spacer install pictures, (although I feel like and idiot)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #71
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

At the gas station
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #72
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Quote:
At the gas station
What's at the gas station lol
U forgot the pic :
      01-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #73
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoferoz25 View Post
Quote:
At the gas station
What's at the gas station lol
U forgot the pic :
It wouldnt load for some reason on the mobile app. Fixed now
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #74
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Here's some more...
Attached Images

Last edited by Teh.brandon; 01-22-2018 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #75
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Sunday morning group ride
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #76
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

New Rotors came today...I'd almost rather hang them on the wall as decoration than install them
Attached Images

Last edited by Teh.brandon; 01-22-2018 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 06:10 PM   #77
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
New Rotors came today...I'd almost rather hang them on the wall as decoration than install them
you moving rather quickly in u mods

looks great!

bmw parts of south Atlanta?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #78
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
Quote:

looks great!

The quicker I do it the quicker I'm done or something like that...and yeah I got them from BMW south atlanta

I'm basically done, I'm definitely not going to get to the level you and gixxxer and others are at. I just wanted a real clean OEM look so I'm pretty much there. I'll probably try and make it just a bit faster and louder in a few months. Speaking of I also got these the other day lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #79
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

looks great!

The quicker I do it the quicker I'm done or something like that...and yeah I got them from BMW south atlanta

I'm basically done, I'm definitely not going to get to the level you and gixxxer and others are at. I just wanted a real clean OEM look so I'm pretty much there. I'll probably try and make it just a bit faster and louder in a few months. Speaking of I also got these the other day lol
Those filters are great, been running them for almost 2 years now. Just make sure to tell at the service not to change u filters or u might loose them... also there is a little cutting needs to be done to fit them correctly...

Car looks awesome and yes I'm pretty much done, finished, I heard and said that before many times until something new comes around

Nobody can catchup to Gixxer lol
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #80
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

New mod...OEM BMW "top off" oil storage case. Pretty proud of this one boys :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #81
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
hahaha I have one of those, but it tells me u loosing some oil?
I started to loose a little bit if I don't change my oil between 7-8k but I usually do between 6-8k so I don't use it that often!
btw great oil I typically stick with 5-30/0-30 works as well
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #82
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
hahaha I have one of those, but it tells me u loosing some oil?
I started to loose a little bit if I don't change my oil between 7-8k but I usually do between 6-8k so I don't use it that often!
btw great oil I typically stick with 5-30/0-30 works as well
I lost some after about 4000 miles of hard driving. However I don't know when the oil was changed prior to me acquiring the vehicle. I changed the oil and haven't had any consumption since, "according to the digital gauge."

I'll probably stick with 5k oil change interval even though the pricing is a little outrageous

I was super surprised when I read about the acceptable amount of oil consumption in these vehicles.

Truck goes in the shop on Tuesday for the rotor upgrade and brake job. Super stoked
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #83
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Oh and I was really surprised when researching oil weight how unsure people are as to what the recommended oil weight for these vehicles is. I just chose the 10w60 based on the posts I've read and the fact that the bottle says "m" and "twin turbo" on it lol
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #84
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
I lost some after about 4000 miles of hard driving. However I don't know when the oil was changed prior to me acquiring the vehicle. I changed the oil and haven't had any consumption since, "according to the digital gauge."

I'll probably stick with 5k oil change interval even though the pricing is a little outrageous

I was super surprised when I read about the acceptable amount of oil consumption in these vehicles.

Truck goes in the shop on Tuesday for the rotor upgrade and brake job. Super stoked
Quote:
Oh and I was really surprised when researching oil weight how unsure people are as to what the recommended oil weight for these vehicles is. I just chose the 10w60 based on the posts I've read and the fact that the bottle says "m" and "twin turbo" on it lol

BMW oil change intervals and dealer service prices are just ridicules maybe that's explains 15k miles intervals with price tag around $250.

with the amount of driving I do (I drove 45k in a last 2 years) its hard to justify oil change at the dealer every 5k miles. I used to do change just around 8k until I found local Indy shop and now with price for oil change at $90 I can change my oil more often (every 5k)

for the brake job are u sure u want to do it at the dealer? I'm afraid you will have to pay them half of what u paid for the rotors to get it done! maybe its better to find another Indy shop to do it for u if you can't do DIY?

what did u end up buying for pads? Power Stop?
my rear pads/rotors are due to change in about 6k miles and I'been eyeballing f85 rotors for more than a year now, just can't seem to push myself to make the upgrade
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #85
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

BMW oil change intervals and dealer service prices are just ridicules maybe that's explains 15k miles intervals with price tag around $250.

with the amount of driving I do (I drove 45k in a last 2 years) its hard to justify oil change at the dealer every 5k miles. I used to do change just around 8k until I found local Indy shop and now with price for oil change at $90 I can change my oil more often (every 5k)

for the brake job are u sure u want to do it at the dealer? I'm afraid you will have to pay them half of what u paid for the rotors to get it done! maybe its better to find another Indy shop to do it for u if you can't do DIY?

what did u end up buying for pads? Power Stop?
my rear pads/rotors are due to change in about 6k miles and I'been eyeballing f85 rotors for more than a year now, just can't seem to push myself to make the upgrade
Well this is my daily and 5k oil change interval is peace of mind for me even though I have a 2 year/48k bumper to bumper

Hahaha I don't use the dealer...we have an independent bmw specific shop that I've formed a relationship with...they have $85/hr labor cost and quoted an hour a rotor for the job. I can pay that and not have to get dirty lol. I did go powerstop carbon/ceramic pads. I went this route because of other members recommendation for reduced brake dust. Considering I have UUC brake lines hopefully the bite comparative to the oem pads will be negligible.

Also I used a vht extreme high heat satin clear clearcoat to reduce the dreaded rust compliant other members have had with the f85 brake hat and channels. We'll see how that turns out in the long run
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #86
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Well this is my daily and 5k oil change interval is peace of mind for me even though I have a 2 year/48k bumper to bumper

Hahaha I don't use the dealer...we have an independent bmw specific shop that I've formed a relationship with...they have $85/hr labor cost and quoted an hour a rotor for the job. I can pay that and not have to get dirty lol. I did go powerstop carbon/ceramic pads. I went this route because of other members recommendation for reduced brake dust. Considering I have UUC brake lines hopefully the bite comparative to the oem pads will be negligible.

Also I used a vht extreme high heat satin clear clearcoat to reduce the dreaded rust compliant other members have had with the f85 brake hat and channels. We'll see how that turns out in the long run
well about $350 to change all 4 corners not too bad, I would still prefer to pay $200

I also been thinking about upgrading brake lines but not sure if its necessary

as for clearcoat, how do u apply it? just spray on the rotors and let's them get soaked and dry or u wipe it out? I assume u already done it, having rotors ready to go
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #87
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

well about $350 to change all 4 corners not too bad, I would still prefer to pay $200

I also been thinking about upgrading brake lines but not sure if its necessary

as for clearcoat, how do u apply it? just spray on the rotors and let's them get soaked and dry or u wipe it out? I assume u already done it, having rotors ready to go
Its aerosol vht clearcoat so I just taped off the braking surface and sprayed it on as directed. It involves a three stage "heat up cool down"period as well but luckily my buddy has a powder coat oven in his garage that we used.

I could definitely tell a difference before and after with brake lines and fluid. I did it kinda as maintenance
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 06:04 PM   #88
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Its aerosol vht clearcoat so I just taped off the braking surface and sprayed it on as directed. It involves a three stage "heat up cool down"period as well but luckily my buddy has a powder coat oven in his garage that we used.

I could definitely tell a difference before and after with brake lines and fluid. I did it kinda as maintenance
oh wow, seems like pretty complicated process as I don't have a oven, was about to ask u for the link but not sure if I'll be able to go thru all the heat up/cool down...

still thinking about the brake lines, looks like u liking u UUC, was it hard to replace or u've done it at the same place where u bringing u car to get u rotors replaced?
Appreciate 0