XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #1
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Faults after coding!! 4x4 error

Last week, I managed to code my 2012 X6 through a wonderful help by jc_bmw. We coded auto fold mirrors, windows close with fob. Unfortunately, we were unable to code auto close of rear hatch with fob or button inside.
But that is not the main issue. The main issue is that after we have successfully coded, 4x4 fault code (005F3A) came up. And on the NAV screen, it says "Chasis stabilization reduced"
We tried clearing the code but it will not go away. I thought if I restart the vehicle, it may go away but no luck... It's been about a week now and the error code is still there... The car still drives fine except if I push hard on the vehicle, the car goes in a limp mode "power reduced mode"

Has this happened to any of you before? If so, what was your solution?

Please let me know!

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomyBMW View Post
Last week, I managed to code my 2012 X6 through a wonderful help by jc_bmw. We coded auto fold mirrors, windows close with fob. Unfortunately, we were unable to code auto close of rear hatch with fob or button inside.
But that is not the main issue. The main issue is that after we have successfully coded, 4x4 fault code (005F3A) came up. And on the NAV screen, it says "Chasis stabilization reduced"
We tried clearing the code but it will not go away. I thought if I restart the vehicle, it may go away but no luck... It's been about a week now and the error code is still there... The car still drives fine except if I push hard on the vehicle, the car goes in a limp mode "power reduced mode"

Please let me know!

Thank you!
Could just be a coincidence. Coding mirrors and windows should not be related in any way to 4x4 fault. Try disconnecting your battery for 15-20 min and re-connecting it back. Then drive your X6 for several miles. If that does not clear 4x4 fault, take it in for repair.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorbmwx6 View Post
Could just be a coincidence. Coding mirrors and windows should not be related in any way to 4x4 fault. Try disconnecting your battery for 15-20 min and re-connecting it back. Then drive your X6 for several miles. If that does not clear 4x4 fault, take it in for repair.
I appreciate your two cents.
I know what I coded had nothing to do with 4x4 fault code. I recently got my X6 used. I'm wondering if the previous owner/dealer hid the faulty code prior to re-selling the vehicle without addressing the issue...

Is 4x4 code a common issue in the X6?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Thirdy
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 Estroril Blue M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomyBMW View Post

Please let me know!

Thank you!
you may also try this. Start the car then turn your steering wheel from side to side. It may reset it.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdy View Post
you may also try this. Start the car then turn your steering wheel from side to side. It may reset it.
I will give this a try but I don't think this will help since the error code has been on for over a week now and I have been driving around quite alot with my car...

Thanks for your suggestion though! =)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #6
rnbguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

how did this end up going?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
JMX6V8
Private
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 50i

This happened to me when I put different tires, front and rear. The diameter between front and rear has to be within a certain percentage. This is a good calculator to see what sizes of tire you can use. https://tiresize.com/calculator/
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #8
Blackland
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X6M  [0.00]
I got this code once after changing steering wheels. It went away after I drove the vehicle a few miles and never came back. My guess is that you have a real issue.
Appreciate 0