XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
ASUREX
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Thoughts/Concerns on 2011 X5 xDrive50i

I'm going to be looking at a used 2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i with 74,000 this weekend for my wife. It's certified until April of next year, which makes me feel a little better after reading up on the V8 for the X5. Besides confirming the CCP work has been done, is there anything else I should be sure to check out when I look at this car?

Any recommendations on warranty providers for 75k miles and beyond for when it expires next year?

Lastly, should I avoid this car like the plague?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUREX View Post
I'm going to be looking at a used 2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i with 74,000 this weekend for my wife. It's certified until April of next year, which makes me feel a little better after reading up on the V8 for the X5. Besides confirming the CCP work has been done, is there anything else I should be sure to check out when I look at this car?

Any recommendations on warranty providers for 75k miles and beyond for when it expires next year?

Lastly, should I avoid this car like the plague?

Any help would be much appreciated.
The 2011 X5 with the N63 engine has had more trouble than subsequent model years due to it being the early models of a new engine design.

- check if HPFP recall was performed on your car (your car may or may not qualify)

- check if driveshaft has been inspected for signs of wear and impending failure. If it hasn't been replaced, i'd just push for replacement. They have an extended warranty on them.

I wouldn't go as far as comparing it to plague that needs to be avoided, but it is true that the V8 version has had a disproportionate share of trouble compared with its I6 gasser and diesel counterparts. NEVER own these cars out of warranty. I'd look at 3rd party warranties such as Route 66, given the mileage on your car.
Appreciate 0