XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Blackbird535
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW E70 X5M

X5M OEM performance mods ?

Hey guys,

For a few weeks now i'm hooked up to this forum and i like it a lot. Very interesting items and good information.

Something that caught my attention was the great numbers of topics talking about power increase, performance tuning, many different factories that can deliver and so on.

Factories like Velos, Active Autowerke, Dinan, Vorsteiner and many others have diverent performance tuning stages to offer in combination with exhausts, downpipes, and so on, and so on.

I'm totaly surprised that almost non of you on the other side of the Atlantic are using the OEM tuning possibility from BMW itselve ? Does no one of you uses the:
"BMW M Drivers Package " ?

It's in my opinion the most save and easy way to get the powerfull darkside out of the X5M. Is it just an European thing ?
With this factory done upgrade my X5M is from an other planet. The topspeed is +175mph. Last summer i drove it on the German Autobahn and the neadle went up to 285 km/h (187mph). And the end wasn't there yet. Had to take my foot of the gas due to other cars. 0-60mph goes in about 4.2 sec. so overall a super upgrade and no extra features on the car. stock exhaust, stock filter cat DP en so on. A within the BMW-warrenty !
The Package costs about €3000,00 (= 3200 USD) includes the (software/restrictor)upgrade and a drivers practice with your car on a drive track in order to learn how to handel your boosted truck.

When i bought the X5M last october 2014, the previous owner already installed the MDP, so that made and still makes me very happy
I think it's time you push your local BMW-dealers to get this upgrade to, saves you al lot of money spend on minor upgrades, that only will work if you add them al to gether, and you spend a fortune on them.

Greatings from Holland.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
jrmccain
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Consider yourself fortunate, the MDP is not available in the US. That's why everyone goes to third party tuners.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
X Driver
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5M Black Fire Edition

I bought one witch was already equipped with the m-Drivers package. Never drove one without, is it really that different?

It don’t feel that Special to me..
HP is the same as stock?!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Blackbird535
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW E70 X5M

Hello Xdriver, what you say is right, hp and torque remain the same, the only thing they do is remove the speed limiter and set free al the extras in the motronic or engine software. Ask people with out this oem- mod and you withess the Force of a complete M-engine. Imagine what kind of power BMW putted into this powerplant and how relativly simple it is to unlease ( don't know if that's the right word 😳 ) It ! 155 or 180+ mph makes a diffrence, i think ?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
jrmccain
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Yeah, I read that the S63 has a speed limiter of 155mph. I would guess that is some type of US regulation. We don't have anything like the autobahn so those high speeds cannot be justified, .... well by law-abiding citizens that is. :-)
Appreciate 0