XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 DCT AW/PS

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
2002 318i Compact  [0.00]
News on X6M unveiled !

Hi everyone youīre all going to want to kill me because: but I saw and took pictures of the X6M a few days ago but can and will not post them ! Sorry.
Due to my participation in certain other Forums including the official M-Power World forum I have promised not to post any pics what so ever but let me assure you that even though I do not like the idea of such a car and personally dislike SUVīs / SAVīs for various reasons this might be the first car to change my opinion !! The car is just and the power dome on it
I really think I could fall for this one!
M, you did it again
      03-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupč

Thanks for sharing.... I call bs show the pics or it didn't happen
      03-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post
Thanks for sharing.... I call bs show the pics or it didn't happen
You may call it whatever you like, itīs your free right to do so but I have no thrill in telling stories. I do however have a fair amount of decency towards a company that gives thier good customers a sneak peak into what is to come and respect their wish to keep it a closed matter. I just thought I would let you in on what I think is a real boomer to come.
Even without pics I hope some will appreciate the thread.
      03-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
freedevil
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Solara

It just seems like you want the attention. So here you go. This is an X6 forum not surprisingly we do favor the X6M and are looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
wwspiderbig
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Does the X6 M hase a powerdome?
I didn't think so, the hybrid has it for sure.
so i think you saw the hybrid
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwspiderbig View Post
Does the X6 M hase a powerdome?
+1. Didn't think the X6M had a powerdome.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
+1. Didn't think the X6M had a powerdome.
+2 all the pictures/videos I've seen of an X6 with a power dome said it was the hybrid.

And most of the videos of X6M don't show it either like
this one:

or this one:

or any of the others I've seen.

update: think this is bs post, did a search on "M-Power World forum", no hits.

Last edited by dmlgc; 03-26-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

strange story...what do you think guys?!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

You guys have seen the BMW teaser site for the X6 M, right?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/ne...ter/index.html

So we are just 9 days away from knowing exactly what the hood looks like for both of the new cars (X5 M and X6 M)...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post

Well Deda if you look at the site Morty pointed to, the links I included or any other pics of X6M, it doesn't have a power dome only hybrid does. I think story is bogus along with the author. hopefully he will hang out in the "certain other Forums including the official M-Power World forum".

At this point I'm with amgthis no pics, call bs.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

totally agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Well Deda if you look at the site Morty pointed to, the links I included or any other pics of X6M, it doesn't have a power dome only hybrid does. I think story is bogus along with the author. hopefully he will hang out in the "certain other Forums including the official M-Power World forum".

At this point I'm with amgthis no pics, call bs.
No power dome on the X"M"'s.I'm seeing very near production mules daily and no power dome.BMW could throw us a curve and put the dome hood on at the official unveiling.I don't think that will happen.The X6 Hybrid has had the power dome from day one with the test mules.The hybrid X6 continues to sport the dome in what is now near production form.I do not believe BMW would put the dome on both the Hybrid X6 and the X"M"'s.It would be a mixed marketing message IMO.Thanks! PalBay
      03-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
No power dome on the X"M"'s.I'm seeing very near production mules daily and no power dome.BMW could throw us a curve and put the dome hood on at the official unveiling.I don't think that will happen.The X6 Hybrid has had the power dome from day one with the test mules.The hybrid X6 continues to sport the dome in what is now near production form.I do not believe BMW would put the dome on both the Hybrid X6 and the X"M"'s.It would be a mixed marketing message IMO.Thanks! PalBay

not to mention the few pictures I've seen of the hybrid with the dome makes it IMHO look butt ugly.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupč

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White View Post
You may call it whatever you like, itīs your free right to do so but I have no thrill in telling stories. I do however have a fair amount of decency towards a company that gives thier good customers a sneak peak into what is to come and respect their wish to keep it a closed matter. I just thought I would let you in on what I think is a real boomer to come.
Even without pics I hope some will appreciate the thread.
I guess.About the powerdome, I think you might have been seeing things. Since the X5M and X6M have the same front, I doubt the X6M will have a different hood, but again, the unveil is soon (but this is all speculation)
      03-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #15
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
not to mention the few pictures I've seen of the hybrid with the dome makes it IMHO look butt ugly.
That's what a lot of people say about the regular X6 when they only see pictures of it... They usually change their mind when they see the car in person
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
I call BS. If the OP cannot back up his claim with pics then it is BS.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #17
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
That's what a lot of people say about the regular X6 when they only see pictures of it... They usually change their mind when they see the car in person
Ya guess your right about that. so I guess it's perspective , to some folks my X6 is butt ugly , to me the huge dome on the hood is ugly. I really hope it ends up looking better than the spy pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #18
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
Hi all
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
It just seems like you want the attention. So here you go. This is an X6 forum not surprisingly we do favor the X6M and are looking forward to it.
first of all no I do not need any special attention here I just saw the car with this dome on the hood and mabye itīs a prototype mabye not I do not know !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwspiderbig View Post
Does the X6 M have a powerdome?
True I have seen the hybrid at the Geneva Autoshow and yes it has a powerdome (too)! As a matter of fact it makes me kinda wonder why a hybrid would need a powerdome and the M would have none ?? seeing that it will have a twin turbo and might need the extra space but thatīs a question I canīt answer.

Quote:
+2 all the pictures/videos I've seen of an X6 with a power dome said it was the hybrid.

And most of the videos of X6M don't show it either like
this one:

or this one:

or any of the others I've seen.
update: think this is bs post, did a search on "M-Power World forum", no hits.
All of these clips have been officially released by BMW I might add. If I remember correctly BMW always changed their concept cars slightly after revealing them at the conventions so who really can say that my sighting is BS ?
BTW MPW is separated in two groups: the public forum for all and the private forum for M owners. There is quite an amount of information on the X6M in there, you only have to know how to get too it. ( and of course speak the language )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Thanks for the first constructive post in the thread I appreciate it. If the X6M does actually come out as I saw it then so be it and if not thatīs life.. The future will show.
I am however disappointed in the behavior or comments some of you posted. As I remarked earlier itīs your free choice to express your opinion but if this is the kind of response one recieves for posting new information which I thought that some or most of you here would appreciate then Iīll keep it to myself the next time so sad

respectfully yours
      03-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #19
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White View Post
Hi all

first of all no I do not need any special attention here I just saw the car with this dome on the hood and mabye itīs a prototype mabye not I do not know !

True I have seen the hybrid at the Geneva Autoshow and yes it has a powerdome (too)! As a matter of fact it makes me kinda wonder why a hybrid would need a power dome and the M would have none ?? seeing that it will have a twin turbo and might need the extra space but thatīs a question I canīt answer.

Hold the phone bubba, you were the one that said you took pictures but couldn't show them because you "particate in certain other forums". You obviously know nothing about the X6 or you wouldn't be making statements like the M would have a powerdome because "it will have a twin turbo and might need the extra space" .
My current X6 50i has twin turbo v8 and doesn't need the extra space, actually engine is engineered so well it will be in the new 7 series without a power dome.

And "BMW always changed their concept cars slightly after revealing them at the conventions so who really can say that my sighting is BS" , everyone knows the X6 came out almost identical to the concept car, going from big dome to none is really stretching "slightly".

This is just BS. There are a lot of X6 owners in this forum and many other folks that have followed the car from the beginning and are well aware of all the upcoming models. Some of the members live near the plant and get us pictures when new models are being tested.

I think it would be better that you go hang out in the exclusive forums you mentioned in your first post. Of course a search on the " M-Power World forum" comes up empty so I think that's BS too.

Oh just so I will not be misinterpreted I do not mean this as constructive criticism.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #20
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I just had another look at pictures that were posted 2 days ago of the upcoming X5M and X6M. Very little camouflage left on these cars and they appear to have the new M style design for the rims too.

NO power dome to be found on either one of them!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #21
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Sorry, forgot to mention I did a search on Google and was specifically looking for German websites (German car magazines). Unfortunately, I forgot to bookmark the links, but if you do a search on Google, you should find them too.

I think even the X5M/X6M Micro site has a link to the new spy shots.
Appreciate 0