XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Puttputtmaru
Rep
Drives: X6 35i vermilion and Mini S

X6 hit a deer

http://www.wheels.ca/article/222271

They don't say how big the deer was, but it sure is the least damaged car, after a deer hit, that I have seen on the net so far.

Kudo to BMW X6 strenght and safety. Not the main reason I got the car but nice to know
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru View Post

They don't say how big the deer was, but it sure is the least damaged car, after a deer hit, that I have seen on the net so far.

Kudo to BMW X6 strenght and safety. Not the main reason I got the car but nice to know
+1
It did really good, deer strikes usually would have done a lot more damage.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

oh yeah..i have seen that before..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru View Post

About 10+ years ago, I hit a deer in the middle of nowhere. I was driving my fiance home at the time and she was asleep in the passenger seat. It was a long 5+ hour drive and about 4 hours into the drive at 2:30am this massive deer just came out of nowhere. At first it ran along the car and I slowed down and had moved into the oncoming lane. Then the deer decided to cross the street anyway and BOOM!!!

After I had pulled over, I couldn't see the deer, it must have headed back into the forest, but there was blood and fur on the side of the car. The deer had taken out the passenger headlight and the front fender. I was glad I had slowed down otherwise, who knows what would have happened since I was going 110km/h (~70mph) at the time....

Those animals (especially if they are fully grown ones), are large and they get stunned by the bright headlights. So you have to approach them with extreme care if you ever happen to see them on the road!

The really strange thing was when I took my car into the body shop to get it fixed up again, the owner of the body shop showed me another car that had just come in with a deer hit damaged front end too.
The deer's head had gone through the windshield INCLUDING the antlers. The antlers went right past the drivers head (left and right side) and had poked holes into the rear leather seats. The deers head had knocked the driver unconscious. Apparently, the deers neck had snapped and killed it when it went through the windshield. But just imagine, you come back to and you have a dead deers head right in front of your face...

Man I was glad I wasn't that guy...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0