XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
tae
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F01

e70 Owners - Does everyone else have exposed foam lining the bottom steering column?

Hi folks,

I had my '08 X5 in for service recently to address a number of items before the warranty ran out, which included addressing a groaning noise when the steering wheel adjusts itself on startup. Happy to say the groining noise seems to be gone (knock on wood) but by chance when I went to look at the panels/steering column, I noticed there is a piece of foam that lines the bottom of the column (spongy material in nature - sandwiched between the dash panel and steering column).

I'll try to post pics later when I have access to the car again, but I do know when comparing to my e90 - the 3 series does not have a foam liner exposed at all. Would be curious to see/verify if this indeed was not put back correctly or if everyone else's E70 has foam liner exposed as well.

Many thanks in advance,
Tae
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
tae
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F01

Didn't realize I posted this in the X6 section.... Can someone (mod/admin) help me move it to the X5 Discussion forum? Thanks!
Appreciate 0