XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Stutter/Rough Idle

I have owned my 2010 X6 for the last 2 years. Over the last 6 months or so I have had this problem. It has been in for service twice trying to fix the problem. They find all sorts of evidence that the problem exists. They seem to be fixing all the damage done by the problem but never the actual cause.

Basically, I will be at a stop light and the car's RPMs will just drop and then it will catch itself real fast. Before I brought it in for service the last time the car actually stalled. Which was a very funny moment for me coming from a manual car. You can imagine me sitting there SLAMMING my left foot against the kick plate over and over trying to keep the car from stalling. Yeah.. I know. Old habits die hard.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
      09-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I found that lately BMW is not paying enough attention to training the service personnel at dealers. Almost all of the problems I had were resolved similar to what you said , trail and error approach. BMW makes great cars but it's the after sale service that gets them their reputation. If there is a problem it needs to get fixed the FIRST time, otherwise the perception is that "BMW makes great cars but they are not reliable".

I have heard this from folks at work that watched me take mine in time after time (once had to be towed after BMW performance upgrade done, car was down for a month). BMW's answer is always the same contact your service center, basically they wash their hands after you buy the car.

Love BMWs but they should not mistake that for blind loyalty.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Id say its mostly the problem of the union, which is the cancer of US. Training quality very poor, and people are not afraid of getting fired or being sued
Appreciate 0