XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
jd100
Rep
Drives: -

Looking to get a 2008 or 2009 x5 3.0si, some help needed please!

Hey guys I was looking to get a 2008 or 2009 x5 3.0si. The year is depending on what I come across of course, looking at condition/kms on the truck. My budget is around $25000 Canadian for the truck and I may be willing to pay alittle more for a better condition one. I want it with the navigation, sport wheels, panoramic sunroof, running boards and hopefully with the the silver trim on the streering wheel (what package is that from?), I really don't like the plain ones. Also did heated steering come with any of these models?

So I know the kind I want and the options I want. The thing is right now my mom has a 2007 530i m sport and its an awesome car to drive and we all love it but the maintenance on it is around $2000 a year. Of course if your going to be driving a luxury vehicle especially a BMW your going to have to pay for the up keep on it. I was always hesitant to get a used BMW for myself for this reason but after driving it again yesterday im convinced its one of the best cars ive driven. I just recently sold my 2007 infiniti g35 coupe and that was an awesome car also but nothing drives like a BMW. Right now im driving a 2003 Acura CL coupe 3.2L and its a great driving car too but man on man again nothing compares to the bimmer lol. So ive decided to go with the x5 3.0si but my main thing is are there any problems I should know of about it? I didn't want to go with an 07 as that's the first year it came out and I know theres some growing pains the first model years have of cars. So are there any real big known issues on the 2008 or 2009 3.0si I should know about? I know the regular maintenance on it will be similar to the 5 series but anything else? We bought a after market warranty for 4 years from the private dealership we bought the 5 series from a few months after we bought it because of some issues we had with it but of course all the things that have gone wrong with the 5 series so far 3 years later, none have been covered by that warranty. I don't know if im able to get the aftermarket warranty for the 2008 or 2009 x5 from BMW but I heard there around $3800 for 4 years but that's probably not covering a lot either.

I will most likely be buying it from a private dealer locally who sells a lot of good condition BMWs and offers a unlimited 2 year powertrain warranty. He also told me he knows a couple of BMW mechanics who can get me parts cheaper and also charge me less for labour on maintenance.

So what do you guys think? Thanks!
Appreciate 0