XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-20-2016, 01:29 AM   #1
svt1998gt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i, 2012 X5 M spor

Garage List
Popped rear air shock

I looked around and couldnt find anything related to the problem i ran into. I have a 2012 e70 with the M sport package. I went over some railroad tracks and busted the rear drivers side air strut.

I had the repair shop order the arnott in order to save a few bucks but they had issues with getting it to calibrate, and hold air, they would drive it around, let it sit and the rear end would start to sag. i ended up spending another 120 bucks on getting the OEM and everything worked just fine.

Just checking here to see if anyone else had experienced the issue, they smoke tested the system and didnt notice any other leaks prior to ordering the oem. So far its holding air just fine.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

My buddy has the same issue on his 09 M-Sport. Replaced his rears and if it sits one side will sag. He's going nuts because there's no leaks. What kinda advice do you give?
      05-21-2016, 06:10 AM   #3
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt1998gt
I looked around and couldnt find anything related to the problem i ran into. I have a 2012 e70 with the M sport package. I went over some railroad tracks and busted the rear drivers side air strut.

I had the repair shop order the arnott in order to save a few bucks but they had issues with getting it to calibrate, and hold air, they would drive it around, let it sit and the rear end would start to sag. i ended up spending another 120 bucks on getting the OEM and everything worked just fine.

Just checking here to see if anyone else had experienced the issue, they smoke tested the system and didnt notice any other leaks prior to ordering the oem. So far its holding air just fine.

Thanks,
That's strange... I bought 2 Arnott airbags to replace the rears and they worked fine. The install can be a little tricky with the copper ring that holds the airline, perhaps that's what caused the issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 07:44 AM   #4
X5MRuns
Rep
Drives: X5M

Garage List
2010 BMW x5m  [0.00]
I recently replaced both rear airbags in my 2010 e70 M with Arnotts and had no issues whatsoever. Truck was leaning hard to right while parked prior to the replacement. Sorry to read about your issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #5
svt1998gt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i, 2012 X5 M spor

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
My buddy has the same issue on his 09 M-Sport. Replaced his rears and if it sits one side will sag. He's going nuts because there's no leaks. What kinda advice do you give?
That is what was happening to mine on the drivers side, they looked at the valves of the compressor and they said they never seen this before, have him return the struts and run with oem, or exchange the strut that is leaning with a new one.

I would have asked the shop to do this but we were down to one car and couldnt wait to tinker with this another day.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0