XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Bad dealer experience

DELETE
Attached Images

Last edited by krisnetaji; 08-04-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Thinkkkker
BMWs since 1977
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M Silverstone

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12X5M View Post
Terrible buying and service experience at BMW of Austin. Purchased a 2012 BMW X5M from BMW of Austin back in August 2012. Originally came in July 2012 for a Space Gray/Black X5M. My Client Advisor at the time said there was one in production allotted to another dealer and can get it in 2 weeks. Upon arrival their was a door ding (Caused during PDI) and a paint defect on the hood. Using a Paint meter i found out the hood was repainted. I brought this to the attention of my Client Advisor and the Sales manager was very rude denying that the hood was repainted. I cancelled this order. A few days later i decide to give them another chance. We order a silverstone Metallic/Black Fully loaded X5M to be finished by mid August. When this one arrives we add the Ventureshield and Radar per our original agreement. I get a call from their vendor who installs the ventureshield that their is a defect near the side turn signal. There is also a paint defect on the bumper itself. They take it to their body shop to "touch up" these areas. After a couple of months (1,000 miles on the odometer) the side turn signals originally touched up became loose. When they removed them they scratched the fender. They kept the car for two weeks and gave me a crappy bare bones 3 series loaner. The car was very dirty when i picked it up outside. I did not want a brand new car with paintwork. I asked for a Trade-In appraisal on the car and they were not interested in purchasing the car. The used car sales manager was rude when i requested the appraisal. I had to sell the car on my own. Their loss ive purchased many luxury cars and even had a 2012 BMW M5 on order but canceled it. I also had intent to purchase many more cars from them. My Client Advisor seemed not to care during the whole sales process and the fact i will no longer be doing business with them. Not up to standards of other tier one luxury brands that i have owned. Great way to treat a customer who buys a $100K+ Car.
Quote:
Where did i say rattles were the only problem? If Rattles were not the only problem i would have kept the car.
Mine was loaded also. With a $101K MSRP. I also had full tint full hood/ventureshield//fenders along with the rocker panels along with a 9500ci radar.
Rattles were not the only problem or i would have kept the car. I had Paint issues all over the car, dealership damaging my car, crappy bare bone 3 series loaners while Lexus gives me top of the line loaners, Poor build quality for $100K car. Cheap plastics everywhere. Resale value is very poor on this car also. I had to call 12 dealers just to get a decent price on it. In fact some of them did not want the car since it is a specialty car and has one of the highest days on lot average.
12X5M, again sorry for your issues. I can empathize. Just saw your most recent post in addition to the immediately above. Its hard to see these issues given the Boards' relative lack of similar complaints. You either got a rebuilt vehicle from a disreputable dealer or ......... sure your'e not a Lexus salesman?

Hey guys has ANYONE had 12X5M's kind of experience?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

No problems with my 12 x5m other than a few minor issues and a high pitched noise early in my drive( that others have experienced aswell)...but I agree that the loaner downgrade issue is borderline unacceptable at best. And alot of salesclowns and managers/CA's ect can be very unhelpful and smug at times. And dealerships very subpar.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
I can't imagine how they can screw up so badly. I mean, how simple is it? Order it, take off truck (which the trucking company does), remove all the factory cardboard/plastic coverings, activate navigation and program ECU, car wash optional, then park it out front?

Also, why did you bring along a paint meter during pickup of a car? That's kinda weird.
I called my Detailer to look at the car and he used his paint meter to car. We used it when we saw how crappy the paint job was.

Last edited by krisnetaji; 06-07-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker View Post
12X5M, again sorry for your issues. I can empathize. Just saw your most recent post in addition to the immediately above. Its hard to see these issues given the Boards' relative lack of similar complaints. You either got a rebuilt vehicle from a disreputable dealer or ......... sure your'e not a Lexus salesman?

Hey guys has ANYONE had 12X5M's kind of experience?
No Im not a Lexus Salesman. Just bought from a brand with superior build quality. From the paint, the cheap interior, crappy sun visors. Again great engine and performance bt build quality is more important to me. Their service department is a joke compared to lexus. My loaner did not even have powered seats. At Lexus they give me whatever i want and have them at moments notice

Last edited by krisnetaji; 06-07-2012 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Some dealers actually think because BMW as a brand is doing well as far as sales, they can treat customers as they wish. You know what they say; "what goes up, must come down".

I've had similar experiences car shopping before and just because one dealership conducts business poorly, is not representative of the brand.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Also, why did you bring along a paint meter during pickup of a car? That's kinda weird.
Actually its a great idea, even for new vehicles. I think someone ball parked at around 10-20% of brand new vehicles get some touch ups done to correct damage from transportation.

When you go to trade that vehicle in one day, your selling price may be handicapped if the buyer puts the meter on it and you have no explanation - better to let them know it was repainted during PDI vs. having no answer in my opinion..... or use it as a negotiating position if the degree of work done is beyond reasonable or poor quality.

My detailer said he goes along for alot of PDI's - I think when you start purchasing $100k+ cars, it makes much more sense and will def. use his services next time.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
micosilver
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
I can't imagine how they can screw up so badly. I mean, how simple is it? Order it, take off truck (which the trucking company does), remove all the factory cardboard/plastic coverings, activate navigation and program ECU, car wash optional, then park it out front?

It is not that simple.

A car could get damaged at any point during transportation, and if it happens prior to getting to Vehicle Processing Center - it will be fixed at VPC, painted if needed, and neither the dealer of the customer will be notified.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDP2011X5M View Post
I've had similar experiences car shopping before and just because one dealership conducts business poorly, is not representative of the brand.
Agreed. I had HORRIFIC experiences with my Lexus dealer and each and every Lexus service department I tried to work with (during my 39 months of HELL with a GS430).

Quote:
Originally Posted by micosilver View Post
It is not that simple.

A car could get damaged at any point during transportation, and if it happens prior to getting to Vehicle Processing Center - it will be fixed at VPC, painted if needed, and neither the dealer of the customer will be notified.
I think there is an amount of damage that they are able to get away with. However, once past that amount, the dealer is notified and they do not have to take the car. I'll find out what the actual amount is.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
Thinkkkker
BMWs since 1977
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M Silverstone

Isn't Austin a big enough market to have at least two Bimmer dealers? Id shop it elsewhere or go to the Big Guy at the dealership and see if you can get some heads to roll
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
EZ DUKE
China
Rep
Drives: X5M 11

I thought that only happens in China~~~~
In every country dogs bite.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker View Post
Isn't Austin a big enough market to have at least two Bimmer dealers? Id shop it elsewhere or go to the Big Guy at the dealership and see if you can get some heads to roll
I bought both my cars at BMW Austin and have been very happy with the service so far. When we custom ordered the 2011 X5 (aug-2010 right off the LCI) we got it 2 wks before expected. They have always brought us in early for the 1st oil change, prior to the CBS rec (the 1 yr point). We have always gotten a 335i loaner for service drops, which I don't feel is inappropriate for the x5.

Regarding the 328i, it did have water-sprinkler spots on delivery, they buffed and redetailed the hood. I bought it off the lot, it wasn't custom ordered, but we got a pretty good deal on it.

Definitely, it's a different ballgame when you're buying an 'M'. You do deserve much better service than that. I have been happier with the service guys / technical guys than the client advisors.

It is very strange that there is not a 2nd BMW dealer here. From what I've heard, BMW of Austin puts up a big fight to prevent a 2nd one from opening up. They have grown significantly in size and apparently have worked something out with BMW NA to maintain higher standards to keep that exclusivity. This is exactly what I was told when I asked about it "We're the only BMW dealer in town, but we sure don't act like it "

Considering there are 2 MB dealer, 2 audi dealers, 2 lexus, etc... and I'm pretty sure BMW outsells all of them in this market.. very weird...
      10-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyB View Post
Likewise, I was also satisfied with the service I received from the dealership I had with Momentum BMW Houston TX. It's one of the best car dealership in Houston I'd been through. Since, my favorite part of having a BMW is the brand which always arrives with the best attributes. Good thing I had a great deal, I we're able to get exactly what I was looking for. Indeed, I got the perfect car works well for me.

I have no idea what this has to do with this thread?

BMW Of Austin did NOT cover any of my warranty issues on my $100K+ Car.
When corporate was called they do not give a shit about the customer and say to try another dealership which is 100 Miles away.
Wait till you have a warranty issue and the service issue they won't give a shit.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
ndabunka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black

Quote:
I have no idea what this has to do with this thread?

BMW Of Austin did NOT cover any of my warranty issues on my $100K+ Car.
When corporate was called they do not give a shit about the customer and say to try another dealership which is 100 Miles away.
Wait till you have a warranty issue and the service issue they won't give a shit.
Maybe he's trying to recommend a more reputable BMW dealer in your area?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Maybe he's trying to recommend a more reputable BMW dealer in your area?
Maybe. Too bad dealerships are not corporate owned or I would have a 2013 M5
I my garage.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #16
MrGroup
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Bummer. I had always heard really good things about BMW Austin. In fact I know a number of people who will drive all the way up there from SA to get work done because the dealership here is so terrible. I can vouch for that; BMW SA is absolutely horrible. The worst dealership I've ever worked with. I was warned ahead of time but said to myself, "Eh, they can't be that bad." Boy was I wrong. Cavender Audi treated me like a king. If only Audis drove like BMWs.
Appreciate 0