XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Advocate
Rep
Drives: X5 & 535i

Why is BMW Making Upgrades So Difficult?

Profit? I'm pretty new to this forum, but this is my 5th BMW. Currently looking to figure out upgrades to a 2009 X5. My base model came with small screen, no nav, no backup camera, etc. Even radio could use some improvement. I get the idea of that BMW did this intentionally, but this seems so silly not to engineer the system so they can be tweaked a little. I see some readers have upgraded to new CIC system from the CCC, but that really is an expensive solution. I will wait for new design model to come out and will likely trade. But until then, I hope more coding takes place and more vendors meet the demand of folks that want to add some new features to the CPO vehicles that are very common with most other manufactures. For those that have explored coding and new Nav systems, keep posting. I enjoy reading the posts and feel like your thumbing your nose at BMW for all of us frustrated owners out there. Anyone else agree?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
donho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63s AMG

Car manufacturers are NOT making vehicle so you can buy less options and add them yourself.
They WANT you to get performance packages, technology packages, winter packages, comfort packages.

if they made this vehicle so you can easliy upgrade on your own, everone would buy the most basic model and how would the manufacturer make any money?
2014 Mercedes E63s AMG
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Advocate
Rep
Drives: X5 & 535i

Good point. But it wasn't the case 10 years ago. All the same, wish it wasn't so. Thanks for commenting.
Appreciate 0