XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
vermillion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

Trade Assist Experiences

Anyone willing to share a trade assist story or two? Trying to make sure I'm getting enough out of this process trade assist is happening on my 2009 for a 2012. I'm still ending up paying a significant difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
BigBobDeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6M

Garage List
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Vermillion, I'm doing the same thing -- trading a 2009 X6 50i for a 2012 X6M. I'm still negotiating the trade price on the 2009 and the lease price on the 2012. My trade price is disappointing because I was rear-ended last year and the car needed about $7000 in repairs. It generated a "moderate damage" rating on my Carfax, and there's a huge reduction off what kbb.com says the car is worth--about $9k. I've shopped the trade around and they all say about the same thing. Otherwise, I'm really impressed that the 2009 X6 has held its value as well as it has. When I get everything finalized, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
vermillion
Enlisted Member
Rep

I finalized numbers on my x6 35 2009. The dealer gave me 48,000 in trade (no tires and 45k miles) plus 5,000 in BMW assist. Also, the 2012 at straight wholesale list 63,000as built. I only paid 52,500 for the 2009 so I feel like it's been a good deal over all. Due for pick up tomorrow. Just need to decide if I'm buying or leasing now.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Southernbelle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion View Post
I finalized numbers on my x6 35 2009. The dealer gave me 48,000 in trade (no tires and 45k miles) plus 5,000 in BMW assist. Also, the 2012 at straight wholesale list 63,000as built. I only paid 52,500 for the 2009 so I feel like it's been a good deal over all. Due for pick up tomorrow. Just need to decide if I'm buying or leasing now.
Hey,

Can you explain "straight wholesale list" and what options did you add?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
This may be a dumb question but what is trade assist?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
This may be a dumb question but what is trade assist?
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
vermillion
Enlisted Member
Rep

I learned about it here after my x6 spent about for months with hpfp and ac issues. Basically it do BMW can avoid lemon laws and maintain customer relationships. BMW puts up some cash to offset a trade and sales the new vehicle at wholesale. Idea is you get even value for the flawed vehicle.

I was told that the more intense version is buyback and goes direct to BMW Germany.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #8
bahamars
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 35d

Garage List
2009 X6 35d  [0.00]
and there was I thinking that Trade Assist was a button on the dash that you pressed as you drove onto the forecourt that automatically made a BMW Sales Representative come out to greet you with a Colgate smile and his hand outstretched - looks like I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
kgclark
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6 35i VR/Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion View Post
So you got $53k in trade ($48k + $5k) on a car you only paid $52k for? Plus you were able to drive said trade-in for a few years and 45k miles?!?! If that wasn't enough, you're able to buy replacement car at wholesale?!?

Good deal? I'd say so!

Where do I sign up? I mean, It's almost as if having a car with hpfp is like winning the lottery.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
vermillion
Enlisted Member
Rep

Not quite that fantastic, it was CPO I put 15k on it and have owned for 10 months. About 5 of which was spent at the service center.

With that, I think its a nice deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #11
baldy2u2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i xdrive Gran Coupe

Angry Bmw Buyer Beware

I own a 2014 BMW 640i Gran Coupe with 29,000 miles on it. I have had numerous problems with this vehicle:

- Entire dash going out while driving (numerous times)
- Infotainment randomly rebooting while driving (numerous times)
- Bluetooth connectivity problems (numerous times)
- SOS malfunction showing (numerous times)
- Trunk popping open by itself (happened at work once, at the store several times, and at a rest area while traveling – never while driving though) (numerous times)
- Trunk seal rubber gasket coming loose once
- Brakes just starting to squeak

The sad part to all of this is that it all happened before the car was one year old! I took the car to be repaired (back to the dealership that I bought it from) when I could drive back (thus not showing up for how many things happened in-between). Therefore, I have two (2) times showing up as bringing in the car for problems instead of three (3) or more.

BMW was made aware of my problems and asked to consider me for their Trade Assist Program (BMW helps you into a new car) because of all the problems I was having with the vehicle. Their response today was a wake-up call for me as to what they think of me as a customer (if approved this would have been the 6th BMW that we have owned between my wife and I). The reasons that I was given were:

- I owe to much for a payoff.
o What do you expect when the car has only been paid on for one year!
- High mileage.
o I work away from home due to my military job, and I am considered a geo-bachelor so I drive 750 miles round-trip to see my family once a month. I am still within the warranty as far as mileage. No one ever told me to stop driving back and forth to work and everywhere else if I was having car problems! The car is still capable of being driven.
- My problems are not urgent and can wait (ask again at the end of the year).
o Urgent has nothing to do with wanting a reliable vehicle that you are not waiting for the next thing to happen.

They (BMW) know that a 2014 640i is having problems. They also know that my family and I are repeat BMW customers (5 as of today) who only wanted another vehicle that would not be problematic.

- Do they think that the end of the year will eliminate the problems?
- Are they waiting until I am beyond 18-months, or outside the lemon law?
- Do they think the mileage will go down instead of up?
- Are they saying that they will consider letting me purchase a new car without any expenses out of my pocket only if it is the end of the year? Basically, if we have leftover cars that no one else wanted or couldn't sell.

I didn’t create all of the problems I am having. It is a slap in the face for a repeat customer or anyone for that matter. Yes, I understand the lemon law allows me to go into court and walk away without a vehicle and the option to go somewhere else. That is not the point. The point is why go through that hassle if it is not necessary and since I have only taken my car in twice on each issue, it does not meet the law. And once I get to the third time, I still have to send a certified letter and allow them to fix it one last time.

I bought into the fake “customer care” and “customer loyalty” with BMW. I forgot that first and last they are a business and I am just one customer. I do not affect the bottom line. The loss of my business is off-set by another.

What I am is a real owner with real problems and anxiety over a vehicle that I just don’t trust (my only form of transportation).

I can honestly say that after this, my wife will also not be a repeat customer. I can honestly say that no one in my family, friends, co-workers, or curious people asking me about my vehicle, will be a BMW customer.
Appreciate 0