XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
pito2121
Private
Rep
Drives: Bimmers!!

Garage List
2012 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Rear power outlet

I'm looking to add one or two oem power outlets to the rear of my x5m. Has anyone done this before. I'm willing to bet the harness is tied into the RSE system but I could be wrong. I'm willing to hard wire the oem outlets to a 12v power source but anyone have a good idea of where I could wire them to? Also can I wire them both to one 12V power source or should I do two independent sources for each outlet? Thanks in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Are you talking about for the back seat? My truck has an outlet in the second row center console under the HVAC controls. Also has one on passenger side of the cargo area. If these are what you are referring to and your vehicle doesn’t have them I can take some pics of their locations and where the wiring harness comes from. They should have the connections already just need to drill and install the outlet.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #3
pito2121
Private
Rep
Drives: Bimmers!!

Garage List
2012 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
Are you talking about for the back seat? My truck has an outlet in the second row center console under the HVAC controls. Also has one on passenger side of the cargo area. If these are what you are referring to and your vehicle doesn’t have them I can take some pics of their locations and where the wiring harness comes from. They should have the connections already just need to drill and install the outlet.
Yes, I'm talking about the one for the back seat under the rear HVAC controls. Mine is just a blank plate and I would like to add one or two for my son on road trips. I was wondering if the connections are there and I just require a harness or if I need to find a 12 volt source and splice myself.
Appreciate 0