XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

10-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

Not sure where some of you are getting your info, but I have the Eisenmann Race in my X6M and sorry, there's no drone in the cabin. I had the E-Race on my M3 and there was a shit-ton of drone, but not in the X6M.

Now in the cold start cycle, I am setting off car alarms, but once she settles down, she's very elegant.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
rbudiman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Nissan GTR Black Edition,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamze132
Not sure where some of you are getting your info, but I have the Eisenmann Race in my X6M and sorry, there's no drone in the cabin. I had the E-Race on my M3 and there was a shit-ton of drone, but not in the X6M.

Now in the cold start cycle, I am setting off car alarms, but once she settles down, she's very elegant.
Does it sound awesome? Im getting my eisenmann race probably this wed. Did u just replace the axle back system also for ur x6m?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo
Some people likes Megan but in my opinion, stock system would be much higher quality system than $390 retail exhaust (then it's gonna cost about $200 to actually make that thing). I'm not sure I like to install 400 bucks system on my almost 100k ride....
build quality is pretty good would you put this on if Megan charged 3k?

ive had mine for 33k miles and no issues
      10-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
rbudiman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Nissan GTR Black Edition,

Quote:
Originally Posted by novablackm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo
Some people likes Megan but in my opinion, stock system would be much higher quality system than $390 retail exhaust (then it's gonna cost about $200 to actually make that thing). I'm not sure I like to install 400 bucks system on my almost 100k ride....
build quality is pretty good would you put this on if Megan charged 3k?

ive had mine for 33k miles and no issues
Hows the sound? Is it louder or comparable to eisenmann race? And does it fit X6M as well? I looked into its description but it says for X5M only
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #27
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

Here is a question for the knowledgable: Has anyone had problems with their warranty (new or CPO) when installing exhaust or downpipes?

I presume downpipes would be an issue. Most dealers I've used haven't seemed to care about cat-back systems.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #28
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post

Well this info comes from me owning the system and having it installed on my car, and driving my car. So personal use. It drones, and the luxury feel of the car is gone, it sounds awesome, it turns heads, but if you enjoying the quite ride as well then its a good thing to know all of the facts. The cold start is insane! Overwhelming really. There's times where I really miss my race, but not when I go for a 2-3hr drive, or have a client in the car. That's why I think its a good idea to use a system that utilizes the vacuum valves.

One thing ive noticed with the eisenmanns on the x5/6m is that most are not properly installed, and hang about an inch and a half too low and it looks terrible. the pipes have to be nice and snug in the pocket just like the stock system.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #29
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbudiman View Post
Hows the sound? Is it louder or comparable to eisenmann race? And does it fit X6M as well? I looked into its description but it says for X5M only
The Megan system is barely louder than the stock, poor quality, the pipes look cheap, it fits both the x6m and x5m. But you're getting what you paid for, its $400. Can't compare it to the e-race.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #30
Boosteeddc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 x6m

I got eisenmann race on my x6m. No cabin drone. If I had the windows up. I barely hear anything. But if I gun it. It sounds raw and a great sound to it. There's always used eisenmann for sale. 3k is kind of a awkward budget. Since brand new is 4k ish and used is around 2k
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #31
Matt@Supersprint-USA
Private
Rep
Drives: NA

Our rear muffler is available in Sport or Race configuration and now retails under 3,000$, you can find more information here: http://www.supersprint-usa.com/produ...m/Default.aspx

Let us know if we can help

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #32
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

Quote:

I agree I have the Eisenmann race for my X5M and on cold start it is over the top loud....but I get no drone at all on the hi way. In town I hear it for sure but I think any quieter and you might as well just leave it stock....at full throttle it sounds awesome at times I wish it was louder but usually I am satisfied and never once have a thought I wish it was quieter. I have heard Megan and Supersprint I like the esienman a lot better than either, michercraft is the exhaust I would consider over eisenmann but the one I heard was over the top loud to me...I never rode in the meichercraft rig though but outside and the revs the guy did were insane loud.
      01-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #33
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep

I have catless down pipes now and with the Eisenmann it got considerably louder...it's not annoying but it's more of a sporty than luxury feel now. You can really hear the turbos whistle now my CEL is on until I get my tune on Monday so I haven't went WOT yet but I think it will sound mean.
      01-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #34
DrewBert
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Can't wait for vids
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #35
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I fired her up today in my underground parkade, it set off an alarm 4 down in the next row it sounds awesome in the cold start cycle in a concrete underground parking lot....an you can hear the turbos whistling like crazy as well