XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

X6M & M3 Repair in Boston, MA

Hello everyone. This story is based in Boston, MA.
Careful if you live in Boston and you know of Herb Chambers Collision Center.

My friend got into an accident with his M3 in March.
His car got towed to Herb Chambers CC in April.
The car is almost fixed but is waiting for the struts to come in.
The guy in charge (aka The Guy), said that the struts are backordered and will be here any day. He's been saying this for the past 4 weeks.

My x6m also got into an accident in May 21st. The car got towed to Herb Chambers CC and The Guy is also in charge of my car. He says he has ordered all parts for my car, however, The Guy said they're coming in with the struts and he cannot tell when my car will be repaired!?

I'm a nice guy. I'm a gentleman. I smile and I'm optimistic.
So I was very nice to this Guy. I made 4 visits in 4 weeks. Asking politely every time, when the cars will be done or when the parts will come in.

From what I know, X6's and X6M's are all manufactured in SC. How can my parts come in with my friend's M3 parts when they're from different sources?

And is it so natural and obvious that this Guy is saying "shit shit" to me and saying "don't play words with me"? what the hell is wrong with these people who are working to provide service for people?

M3 will not be done because the struts are backordered....he has no date.
X6M will not be done anytime soon because of the parts....he also has no date on this one as well...

So in other words, this guy doesn't know when the hell these cars will be fixed and he's telling us that he's worked here for 20 years? and yelling? and cursing? and saying "I can do my job if you stop calling"????

I'm sorry people but is it just me or is this crappy ass service and sick ass attitude? is it so wrong to ask for the estimated dates? and ask him why he doesn't know the dates? I asked him if they'll be done next year and he said "maybe not that far..." WTF? you can freaking make your own x6m if it takes that long...

don't go to herb chambers collision center, i heard they're all like this...slow and sick ass attitude.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
fmyvon
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M

I know it is too late for you to change to another store --- you probably have to wait and see what's gonna happen...

If I were you, I would definitely find a way to contact BMW directly. Someone actually posted something here talking about how to make an official complaint to BMW USA.

I've experienced some delayed work from the parts department as well, but got that settled through my dealer (not from CC tho). My dealer told me the parts guys always need some kind of "pressure" to get the job done. So maybe ask for some help from people you know in the store?

Just one last point: you don't necessarily get the best service when you are trying to be the nicest customer. Be aggressive but not angry, and get ready to fuck them up!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
THSALK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6///M

Garage List
2010 BMW X6M  [9.66]
ya talk to bmw or a dealer
Appreciate 0