XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
MaxRulz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S

Just got my new x6!

So I have had a couple of bimmers, both 335i's, a 07 and a 11, but I wanted something different, so today I picked up a 2013 X6 50

What a awesome machine! I wasn't sure if I really wanted to even test it. Sure it looked good but something so big and bulky, not really my cup of tea. But then I drove it today, and my smile was HUGE! These X6's are beasts!

The one I picked up is a nice carbon black, black leather, M sport with the 440hp, tech, premium, p sound, cold, soft close doors, running boards, alu trim, 3 rear seats, and LED headlights. Friggin awesome!

Said good-bye to the 3 and the x6 has took it's place on the driveway
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRulz
So I have had a couple of bimmers, both 335i's, a 07 and a 11, but I wanted something different, so today I picked up a 2013 X6 50

What a awesome machine! I wasn't sure if I really wanted to even test it. Sure it looked good but something so big and bulky, not really my cup of tea. But then I drove it today, and my smile was HUGE! These X6's are beasts!

The one I picked up is a nice carbon black, black leather, M sport with the 440hp, tech, premium, p sound, cold, soft close doors, running boards, alu trim, 3 rear seats, and LED headlights. Friggin awesome!

Said good-bye to the 3 and the x6 has took it's place on the driveway
Pics? Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
X54SiQI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 06' G35, 14' GTR

Garage List
2014 Nissan GTR  [10.00]
2011 Lexus ISF  [8.00]
2012 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
x6Hawkeye
911 TTS Cab
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio

Congrats! Sounds nearly identical to mine - finished "assembly" yesterday. I'd LOVE to see some pics of the black interior with AL trim - seems to be pretty uncommon, but I think it looks awesome.

Any pics of ext would be great also.

How does the exhaust sound?

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
MaxRulz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S

Thanks guys!

Yeah I will get some pics later today, was dark when I got home last night so gonna do some today.

The black and alu is amazing, I really like it a lot. It does seem to be pretty uncommon but I think it's really good looking, and gives it a nice sporty feel.

The exhaust is something else! I can't believe the beautiful noise it makes! I'll get a video up of the sound when parked, but what is the best is when you just give it a little gas on a open road, makes you wonder why they would ever fit a stereo to it!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRulz View Post
Thanks guys!

Yeah I will get some pics later today, was dark when I got home last night so gonna do some today.

The black and alu is amazing, I really like it a lot. It does seem to be pretty uncommon but I think it's really good looking, and gives it a nice sporty feel.

The exhaust is something else! I can't believe the beautiful noise it makes! I'll get a video up of the sound when parked, but what is the best is when you just give it a little gas on a open road, makes you wonder why they would ever fit a stereo to it!
I agree with you about the aluminum trim. I have the black interior with aluminum trim as well. I really like how the trim matches the trim around the dials in the dash, the trim in the radio dials, the gear selector, and the trim underneath, well... the trim. It gives it a feel like all of that color coordination was actually done on puprose for detail's sake. The aluminum trim matches the running boards and kidney grilles as well, but now I am just going over board, (maybe) lol. It also gives the X6 a sportier look on the inside.

I have seen other X6s with different trim combos that look good, or even very elegant and or luxurious, some interior combos just don't seem to "fit" right. That is just my humble opinion, of course. As long as the owner/driver is happy with their choices upon delivery of this incredible machine, that is what truly matters.

Congratulations on the new toy! Enjoy and stay safe.

Last edited by Samurai of 2day; 08-17-2012 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Adding details
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Congrats on the new toy...enjoy it!