XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
Tknmn888
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Help - X6M buy or run away???

Looking at a CPO X6M in LA. I live in Minnesota. Vehicle has 33k miles. According to the warranty inquiry it's had some work done to address the following issues: breather lines leak, oil sump gasket leak, hose from pump to steering gear leak and fuel injector malfunction. CPO coverage until Dec 2018. Should I be concerned or would it be ok to buy?
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2016, 06:37 AM   #2
XGRUDGEX
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M

Those sound like normal warranty items. With two more years of cpo left, I say go for it! Start saving for your next set of tires though
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
Tknmn888
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks. Hopefully it's just me being paranoid.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
Tr2
Registered
Brazil
Rep
Drives: Btw X6m

Angry BmW X6m on fire !!!Lets see how BMW deals with it.

I just had the worst experience with my 2012 X6M, my car was set on fire,after fuel injectors replacement, done at a dealership.
Since new, i experienced problems with engine light, power loss and engine entering safe mode. after thousands spent in replacements, some covered by warranty and some not, they said a campaign was open for my car and i should go for a fuel injectors replacement. 30 days of parts waiting time and my car finally was ready for a test drive. A phone call at the end of the day saying that my car was totaled by fire ended this story.
has been more than 70 days and BMW Brasil is incapable of giving me a feedback. next wed is my final deadline to receive a feedback, after this, no other way if not moving a lawsuit against the dealership and BMW Brasil.Has anyone gone trough this experience ??
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
lmcgeko
X6m 650 owner
Rep
Drives: 2015 x6m

This would be a wonderful car to own, except for issues that BMW just cant fix.
My Beefs:
1) Side view mirrors don't really collapse, they break when bumped. They only collapse under controlled pressure. In reality when does this happen. Cost be 2.5K to get it replaced
2) Seat profiles - hasn't worked from day 1. BMW just can't get it right. There is no provision for updating a profile. You can reset it, you can save it, but the retrieve function does not work. Irritates me to no extent when I get into the car and start getting jammed against the roof and the steering wheel.
3) Roasting or Freezing armrest and storage space. In summer the armrest and the storage area below it freezes if rear air conditioning is enabled. In winter it roasts. The dealership took it apart, put some non standard insulation and sealed the joints. It has improved - but still not right.
4) Tires - the Michelin sport tires that come with the car - 12K Kms and they are down to 5 mm. Steering is unstable in regular mode driving. Dealership has no answer. I looked at the Michelin web site and they say they warrant tread wear to 35K Kms - have to hound them to get it replaced.
5) Collision warning sensor - has a mind of its own. Initially it would give a warning when I was on someones bumper and the warning had been set to early. God help me if I set it to late. Be sitting next to the driver of the next car! BMW tinkered with it - and it has improved, but still get sporadic false alarms.
6) The car has been in the shop an average of once every month. Just the mileage to the dealer ship and back is 50Km - mileage, fuel and my time add up to a lot.
7) Parts - nothing is stock. They have to order parts and it takes 10 - 15 days for it to come in and then wait for an appointment to get it fixed.
8) Had a problem with the start stop. They had two get two control modules before it worked.
9) The maps are supposed to be auto linking to google - but it doesn't. The system does not know when the highways are reconfigured. Have to use Google maps on a separate device to navigate in those areas
10) Side view mirror deicers take a long time to work.
These are gripes - but when a car costs 129K before tax - I think it is very relevant. BMW doesn't discount the car for problems.
Anyway - I am in a dilemma - I leased the car. Do I keep the car or walk away from it at the end of the lease. The drive is great, but the service and support isnt. Not sure if I want to take a chance after the lease.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgeko View Post
This would be a wonderful car to own, except for issues that BMW just cant fix.
My Beefs:
1) Side view mirrors don't really collapse, they break when bumped. They only collapse under controlled pressure. In reality when does this happen. Cost be 2.5K to get it replaced
2) Seat profiles - hasn't worked from day 1. BMW just can't get it right. There is no provision for updating a profile. You can reset it, you can save it, but the retrieve function does not work. Irritates me to no extent when I get into the car and start getting jammed against the roof and the steering wheel.
3) Roasting or Freezing armrest and storage space. In summer the armrest and the storage area below it freezes if rear air conditioning is enabled. In winter it roasts. The dealership took it apart, put some non standard insulation and sealed the joints. It has improved - but still not right.
4) Tires - the Michelin sport tires that come with the car - 12K Kms and they are down to 5 mm. Steering is unstable in regular mode driving. Dealership has no answer. I looked at the Michelin web site and they say they warrant tread wear to 35K Kms - have to hound them to get it replaced.
5) Collision warning sensor - has a mind of its own. Initially it would give a warning when I was on someones bumper and the warning had been set to early. God help me if I set it to late. Be sitting next to the driver of the next car! BMW tinkered with it - and it has improved, but still get sporadic false alarms.
6) The car has been in the shop an average of once every month. Just the mileage to the dealer ship and back is 50Km - mileage, fuel and my time add up to a lot.
7) Parts - nothing is stock. They have to order parts and it takes 10 - 15 days for it to come in and then wait for an appointment to get it fixed.
8) Had a problem with the start stop. They had two get two control modules before it worked.
9) The maps are supposed to be auto linking to google - but it doesn't. The system does not know when the highways are reconfigured. Have to use Google maps on a separate device to navigate in those areas
10) Side view mirror deicers take a long time to work.
These are gripes - but when a car costs 129K before tax - I think it is very relevant. BMW doesn't discount the car for problems.
Anyway - I am in a dilemma - I leased the car. Do I keep the car or walk away from it at the end of the lease. The drive is great, but the service and support isnt. Not sure if I want to take a chance after the lease.
To me that's a no brainer... I'd run from that car after lease is up and or ask to terminate the lease early due to all the issues that they can't fix. That's either a Monday car or Friday car
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #7
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr2 View Post
I just had the worst experience with my 2012 X6M, my car was set on fire,after fuel injectors replacement, done at a dealership.
Since new, i experienced problems with engine light, power loss and engine entering safe mode. after thousands spent in replacements, some covered by warranty and some not, they said a campaign was open for my car and i should go for a fuel injectors replacement. 30 days of parts waiting time and my car finally was ready for a test drive. A phone call at the end of the day saying that my car was totaled by fire ended this story.
has been more than 70 days and BMW Brasil is incapable of giving me a feedback. next wed is my final deadline to receive a feedback, after this, no other way if not moving a lawsuit against the dealership and BMW Brasil.Has anyone gone trough this experience ??
That SUPER sucks! I don't know the laws in your country so I can't give any advice but sorry to hear and I hope they make it right in the end.
Appreciate 0