XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #23
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalx View Post
Indy shop can't do recall and i think they thought I would be happy to pay 415 since it was less than the 1,100 I anticipated for valvetronic issues. Shady, yes! I did pay and even told the actual mechanic who diagnosed it that if he was correct, i would buy him lunch for a week. I removed the new shaft tonight and runs like a dream. -c- is on the right path i do believe, but I still have hope it could have something to do with actuator. Since the actuator controls the front axle torque by applying pressure on the plates isn't it plausible this could cause the slip? Only other clue is it gets worse as the fluid get warmer. I did get a 4x4 error along with others and during that time it ran great. There is a ghost code showing D36A but its not currently set. I also have ISTA+ but really don't know how to effectively test with it. If it is the ATC-700 what are my options for replacing? Reputable re builders? DIY? I have a lift and pretty handy but these tasks always seem to turn into double the work and adding to the cost of a pro. Does 3k sound right for part?
http://www.tcbmwx5.com

Steve is the owner, got a fresh rebuild from him and it's been driving perfection for 30k miles so far.

It was $1000 for my 2012 35i TC and that's including shipping and return shipping.

The clutches go on these TC as BMW had a bad design from the getgo. Look on real OEM and you will see they had over 4 redesigns. The latest redesign happened after the x5 e70 ended production.

They now seem to have it right. Even having tires that are not within tolerance front and rear will or can cause the TC to blow.
Appreciate 0