XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #23
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Sweet! Looking good!

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 07:12 AM   #24
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
love it, looks great
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #25
2slick4u
Corporate Thug
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 30i

Looks Great!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 03:48 AM   #26
Nasherbok
Nasherbok
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 / Z4 / 325i / X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Thanks man!!

The M version was just because the price was the same as the other version and liked the look better, both f10 styles where M wheels this one was just the newest style, I'm making an M sport out of mine as it where, and not trying to make an M clone just making it my own and not getting caught up in the whole M stuff doesn't belong on a non M car, having owned many BMW's now I'm sooooo over the whole M not an M thing just love modding . It will never where an M badge on the deck lid so no posing their hell it isn't wearing any badge their anyhow . However that 135is I had a bit ago had so many Factory M badges you'll drown in them! Lol.

The M buttons are up for grabs and will be used for extra features I can program in, like the heated wheel option. For example the M1 button will be used for heat and the steering wheel will vibrate once for on and twice for off. And will have an extra button to program whatever else. Trust me if I'm spending what I'm spending on these small mods I'm making sure I get the most out of them ! Don't want any useless buttons anywhere. Having the M buttons also made the best sense as their kind of generic anyway so that way the button i program with a different function won't look like a auto cruise button and be confusing. So to me the M1 and M2 stands for "MULTIFUNCTION - 1" and "Multifunction 2".

The drilling is to make the little flap so that it will click off your turn signal. Instead of drilling and using a screw I'm actually forming a metal flap so it will look identical to the flap that's their.
It will serve the same purpose as the screw just executed differently.
This is awesome.... Any pictures of the completed new flap on the back of the new Steering Wheel. Perhaps a comparison of the old and new if possible? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #27
stephane1977
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: bmw E90 320d 2005

cd/dvd reader

Hi all,

maybe you will told me it's a stupid question
but i would like to know it it's possible to use cd/dvd reader from nbt in X6 E71 please? Because nbt unit is smaller than a cic E71 (7-8cm less) so i think it's not possible insert cd or dvd?

thank you in advance for your reply
Stephane
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #28
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane1977 View Post
Hi all,

maybe you will told me it's a stupid question
but i would like to know it it's possible to use cd/dvd reader from nbt in X6 E71 please? Because nbt unit is smaller than a cic E71 (7-8cm less) so i think it's not possible insert cd or dvd?

thank you in advance for your reply
Stephane
Yea cd will load correctly just have to have it aimed right which it should if installed correctly.

Mine loads and ejects just fine
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #29
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Also added the new x5 sport Mats and their great!

They work in the e70 and e71 just fine !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 04:45 AM   #30
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Nice work. So we need to modify the steering wheel and also get a module if we want to fit the new wheel on for example a 2010 X5M.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 06:57 AM   #31
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Nice work. So we need to modify the steering wheel and also get a module if we want to fit the new wheel on for example a 2010 X5M.
Just need the module the wheel is plug and play.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #32
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Just need the module the wheel is plug and play.
Thanks bud
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #33
pjfox23
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 35i, X5M

I am attempting this mod on a e70 X5M.

Hopefully, someone can assist with more information.

I have ordered a heated F10 M steering wheel (as I have an M, and want M buttons to activate M features).

I have contacted car systems for a module. They put me in touch with a local (US) vendor. They state:

Quote:
OK, so the manufacturer says we should have the standard Fxx to Exx ($150 + P&H) but based on your VIN they say you need the Advanced Option version with Lane Change Steering Wheel Vibration Warning support ($200 + P&H) which is only for use with CarSystems Exx NBT retrofit. Do you need one of those also?

So, I have a good idea of what this module probably does (re-wires connections and bypasses coding).

Can anyone provide concrete information on if I need the module for this retrofit or not?

I can read a wiring diagram and know how to use a soldering gun. I also have module coding software.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #34
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfox23 View Post
I am attempting this mod on a e70 X5M.

Hopefully, someone can assist with more information.

I have ordered a heated F10 M steering wheel (as I have an M, and want M buttons to activate M features).

I have contacted car systems for a module. They put me in touch with a local (US) vendor. They state:

Quote:
OK, so the manufacturer says we should have the standard Fxx to Exx ($150 + P&H) but based on your VIN they say you need the Advanced Option version with Lane Change Steering Wheel Vibration Warning support ($200 + P&H) which is only for use with CarSystems Exx NBT retrofit. Do you need one of those also?

So, I have a good idea of what this module probably does (re-wires connections and bypasses coding).

Can anyone provide concrete information on if I need the module for this retrofit or not?

I can read a wiring diagram and know how to use a soldering gun. I also have module coding software.

Thanks,
Well if the wheel you bought doesn't have vibration then I guess no need for the more expensive module. You just loose the lane vibration warning. If you want the lane vibration warning intact you need the f10 wheel with vibro motor so you can at some point keep that feature.

I have the NBT installed but mines from bimmer retrofit, but don't need it for the steering wheel.

If you have options on your wheel that you want to keep then they will probably know what you need.

My steering wheel I had was fully loaded with heat and vibration motor.

The one M button on the top turns on heat and the steering wheel vibrates once to show it's on and twice for off.

The other M button turns on my recirc like my old wheel did. I was able to remove the old cruise stalk and love being able to activate cruise from the wheel now. Just toggle the left up down button to speed up and down. Much safer that fumbling with the stalk.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:32 PM   #35
pjfox23
Private
Rep

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have the lane departure option currently, so I can't see how adding that on the wheel will help (I'm sure that's a combination of modules, sensors, etc).

I just need to keep the heated function, the M button, and the track select buttons. The rest I could care less about.

Can you say who helped you? Did you order from car systems? I talked briefly with a guy there (in Russia?) who transferred me to a US distributor - Piping Rock.

Best,
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #36
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have the lane departure option currently, so I can't see how adding that on the wheel will help (I'm sure that's a combination of modules, sensors, etc).

I just need to keep the heated function, the M button, and the track select buttons. The rest I could care less about.

Can you say who helped you? Did you order from car systems? I talked briefly with a guy there (in Russia?) who transferred me to a US distributor - Piping Rock.

Best,
It's been a while. But what I can say is you need the module.

The people I worked with also did some personal coding for me so the heat option would work with the M1 button. So their helpful. But it took some time.

Since you have an M wheel and have more options than I did on my wheel I can't say for sure but you'll probably need the advanced box to take advantage of your M buttons correctly.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #37
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Also make sure you get the dual stage air bag and not the single stage ! The single stage air bags are cheaper. But if your in the USA you need a dual stage.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #38
pjfox23
Private
Rep

Yeah, I ordered the whole package wheel, airbag, and buttons at same time.

Interesting instructions here:
https://carsystems.com.ua/uploads/pd...r_Rev_3_31.pdf

I get what the wire switches are doing now.

I'll probably go ahead with this mod. I'll report back when done.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #39
pjfox23
Private
Rep

Okay, back to this thread as I now have the module, too. Everything is ready to install.

Reading over these diagrams and instructions, it looks as if one needs the NBT retrofit module, too - in order for the M buttons to function as M buttons.

Since the M button is translated from the module, there is no way to directly wire the new M buttons on the new wheel to the car's SZL module.

To verify, I will install as directed by module seller. But, I got a funny feeling the M buttons won't work because I don't have the NBT retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #40
Kakalika
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Okay, back to this thread as I now have the module, too. Everything is ready to install.

Reading over these diagrams and instructions, it looks as if one needs the NBT retrofit module, too - in order for the M buttons to function as M buttons.

Since the M button is translated from the module, there is no way to directly wire the new M buttons on the new wheel to the car's SZL module.

To verify, I will install as directed by module seller. But, I got a funny feeling the M buttons won't work because I don't have the NBT retrofit.

Thanks for sharing, I'll be watching with interest.
      04-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #41
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

looks like fun.. almost looking like newer X5 after you change the seat and stuff it ll be like that almost..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #42
pjfox23
Private
Rep

Well....no

Installed everything as per the instructions provided.

Um...no. The instrument cluster is now non-functional and the windshield wipers are continuously on.

None of the steering wheel buttons work. The paddle shifters work.

I will double check all the wiring tomorrow. It could be I got something wrong.

But, this looks like a big no for the X5M version - unless I can get some support from module maker (I highly doubt it).
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #43
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Installed everything as per the instructions provided.

Um...no. The instrument cluster is now non-functional and the windshield wipers are continuously on.

None of the steering wheel buttons work. The paddle shifters work.

I will double check all the wiring tomorrow. It could be I got something wrong.

But, this looks like a big no for the X5M version - unless I can get some support from module maker (I highly doubt it).
sorry to hear that
u using the module u bought from the other place, not car systems right?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #44
pjfox23
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
u using the module u bought from the other place, not car systems right?
Yes, I purchased module from different supplier. But, module appears to be the same - it came with car systems logo on it.
Appreciate 0