XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

2013 Black Msport

Hi Gang
Took a trip down to Beverly Hills BMW with my brother.
Were both looking at X5's

Here lies the infamous and all rare
Msport w M performance package"ZMX

This one was the GM's demo w 5500 miles listed @ $74k original MSRP was $81.5k
Fully loaded with every option except the 20" 333 wheels, adaptive drive and Active steering/Active Roll Stabilization
which i found bizarre that they where not ordered on this truck especially the wheels
Rooftop of the dealership was packed with x5m's x6m's 750i's ...Just sick!
Sales MNGR name is Emilio Roukoz
My brother and i got a chance to test drive it.
They made a really big production for us.
The sales mngr lives in my neighborhhod
They had to move an M6 in the Elusive Sakhir Orange out of the way, popped the doors drove out and off we went.

Exhaust:My first impressions immediately was the msport exhaust in the showroom on a cold start was intoxicating

Ride/Handling although the ride felt and sits higher because of 19's. Felt like a true SUV rather than the very sporty feel of the Msport 333 20" wheels. personally i would not purchase a vehicle with the 19's. didnt njoy the lofty feel!

Performance:Having drove the 400hp model i can honestly honestly not tell the difference between the 400hp/450tq and the 440hp/480tq models. only 30tq's
So happy i was able to find and drive that model because i was obsessing about the performance package. I could go without it and probably will considering ill be purchasing a CPO 11 or 12.

ps they had another amazing space grey 5.0 with an $83k sticker.
This 2013 had these amazing space grey 333 wheels they look a bit different from the 12's. can anyone confirm this that has a 12 which i think were silverish color
ps can anyone confirm that the 11 Msport 5.0 doesn't not have paddle shifters. i have not seen one with in my travels and research
njoy
Rob
ps heres a video of the Exhaust
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

So what do u guys think about my experience.....interested to hear!
Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Strada1198
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 5.0 MSport Dinan S3

Garage List
2011 X5 5.0  [0.00]
X5 5.0 M Sport is one awesome beast. I have an 11' now and can confirm no paddle shifters, not sure if it was an option or not. The 11' come standard with the active suspension and it is a must. Mine has the 20s and I drove a 13' with the 19s and agree with you, the ride is not the same. The 19s yeilded a softer ride while the 20s are a little harsh but the way this thing corners is unbeleivable for the size and weight and well worth the "hard" ride. Find the CPO you want and be patient to get all the options you want. Took me around 5 months to find the right one.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strada1198 View Post
X5 5.0 M Sport is one awesome beast. I have an 11' now and can confirm no paddle shifters, not sure if it was an option or not. The 11' come standard with the active suspension and it is a must. Mine has the 20s and I drove a 13' with the 19s and agree with you, the ride is not the same. The 19s yeilded a softer ride while the 20s are a little harsh but the way this thing corners is unbeleivable for the size and weight and well worth the "hard" ride. Find the CPO you want and be patient to get all the options you want. Took me around 5 months to find the right one.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the encouragement in my search! can u post some pics
Maybe even PM me some details of ur purchase . When u bought , how much etc
All the best
Rob
Appreciate 0