XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Coding Passenger Side Multi Contour Seat

This may be a shot in the dark, does anyone know if it's possible to code the front passenger side seat(multi contour) so it moves completely forward with the key fob making it easier to put your child in their car seat? I have the passenger seat set to move as far up as possible by pushing #2 setting...being 6'2 it's a real pia to put my daughter in her car seat with the passenger side seat moved back and constantly opening the front door to push the #2 setting each time. I tried searching for an answer but came up empty...those of you who are parents know what i'm talking about

Last edited by Cattivo; 07-16-2015 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Never heard of that? It's not on Okee's list of coding options for the E70, but maybe somebody else here knows.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
hsc1102
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

This would be nice to have as I often have the same issue when trying to put my son in his carseat.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

My solution... Car seat is in the middle, where it's inherently safer, though harder to put kid in.

Old story... Back in highschool I was in the left rear seat of a civic, the car spun out, hit a rock wall at my door, and the door folded, pinning my feet under the front seat, while my body was pushed towards the middle of the car.

Not only did I break the pelvis of the girl sitting next to me, where I had an 8" dia bruise on my hip. I also couldn't walk for 6 weeks, peeing in a bowl, having someone bath me, etc; I actually don't remember how I shat. ;-) . Then 4 weeks after that in crutches. Tore everything more or less important attached in my hip area.

So yeah, car seat in middle right now is where the kid sits today. We'll re-evaluate that later down the road when baby #2 comes around in Dec.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #5
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

I've never heard of it either, holding a 30lb kid in 1 hand and trying to move the passenger seat up with the other at the same time gets annoying. I figured a car with so many features maybe i missed something in the i-drive menu
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch808 View Post
My solution... Car seat is in the middle, where it's inherently safer, though harder to put kid in.

Old story... Back in highschool I was in the left rear seat of a civic, the car spun out, hit a rock wall at my door, and the door folded, pinning my feet under the front seat, while my body was pushed towards the middle of the car.

Not only did I break the pelvis of the girl sitting next to me, where I had an 8" dia bruise on my hip. I also couldn't walk for 6 weeks, peeing in a bowl, having someone bath me, etc; I actually don't remember how I shat. ;-) . Then 4 weeks after that in crutches. Tore everything more or less important attached in my hip area.

So yeah, car seat in middle right now is where the kid sits today. We'll re-evaluate that later down the road when baby #2 comes around in Dec.
Damn bro glad to hear your ok...my car seat is in the middle but it's still hard to get to without either front seat moved completely forward
Attached Images

Last edited by Cattivo; 07-16-2015 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0