XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

Final warranty service on 2010 X6M

I have just completed the final warranty service on my 2010 X6M with 24,227 miles on it. I chose not to purchase the extended warranty.

They performed the following items:
1. STD SCOPE
2. Replaced the center console button assembly. My rear camera button had the paint flake off, and begin pealing. They replaced the center console switch cluster which required several attempts at recoding the computer for some reason. This had just happened recently, and I am glad I got it replaced under warranty.
3. VEHICLE CHECK
4. BRAKE FLUID SERVICE, FLUSH FLUID. This is the second time on this so it is done every two years.
5. MICRO FILTER. REPLACED FILTERS
6. BMW OIL SERVICE. I have been getting this done every 12 months. I have never driven more than 8,000 miles in one year.
7. INTAKE SILENCER. REPLACED 2 AIR FILTER ELEMENTS.
8. SPARK PLUGS!!! REPLACED ALL SPARK PLUGS. THIS WAS A SURPRISE AT ONLY 24,000 MILES. I am curious what the maximum mileage is on them? CHECK THIS OUT. The tech got a bad new plug from the parts department. Upon installation the engine had a miss. He had to troubleshoot, to find the bad plug, then get another new one to replace it.
9. CHECK WHEELS AND TIRES AND REPORT. I am due for new tires with edge wear. I am trying to squeeze the last life out of my original tires. I have a better deal than the dealer ready to go.
10. I wanted to possibly get the navigation maps updated, but the SA threw out some prices and I declined. This sucks that a simple database update is not covered under warranty.

Today I received a $100 gift card from the dealer, good until March 31, towards BMW service and repairs. Today was 4 years ago that I picked up the vehicle, after having it on order. I have never seen another Monte Carlo Blue X6M here in Los Angeles, but I have seen a Monte Carlo Blue X5M, and we had a little fun on the freeway together...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Not too bad at all.

I also have an MCB X6M, 2013 though so a bit away from final warranty service. And, same as you, in my local area I've seen several white X6M's and a Space Grey one, but never another MCB. I've seen an MCB X5M at a gas station once, too, gave him the thumbs up!

I do plan to purchase a Platinum warranty from BMW just to have that peace of mind when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

You take some awesome photo's. A skill I wish I could learn to do better.

My opinion on the warranty is I will take the risk and insure myself. If something comes up, I can afford to fix it. If it is too much, or happens too much, the vehicle will be traded in at that point. I do not want to pay for such a large cost warranty, for the possibility of a major issue coming up, with so few miles on the vehicle. Time will tell if this is a wise move or not, but they CPO an awful lot of cars, that serve the second owner well, from what I understand.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
You take some awesome photo's. A skill I wish I could learn to do better.

My opinion on the warranty is I will take the risk and insure myself. If something comes up, I can afford to fix it. If it is too much, or happens too much, the vehicle will be traded in at that point. I do not want to pay for such a large cost warranty, for the possibility of a major issue coming up, with so few miles on the vehicle. Time will tell if this is a wise move or not, but they CPO an awful lot of cars, that serve the second owner well, from what I understand.
Good point with regards to trading it in, so you would go for a warranty such as this?
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...4#post15253424
Appreciate 0