XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
djosephs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6M

Question about leather on Dashboard

I am awaiting delivery of a 2012 X6M, Space Gray with Black Merino interior, sport 14 way seats, and was curious about the material on the dashboard. I did not get the ventilated seats option and also did not get the "full" black merino leather option for the M package. The options are a bit confusing regarding the standard/stock material on the dashboard. If you get the ventilated seat option and "full" leather you get "Nappa" leather on the dashboard and console. Is this an upgrade from the plastic basic dash to leather or an upgrade from merino/basic leather up to the better Nappa leather on the dash and console?

So, what is the standard material on the dashboard? Is it the textured plastic/rubbery material or a basic leather? I am hoping that the M comes standard with some type of leather on the dashboard. The build your own views shows this but wanted to run it by the experts here.

Thanks, Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

I believe standard comes with soft leather on the upper part and more rough lower quality on the lower part. Only saying this bcs i saw one at the dealer and noticed that the lower part was not so smooth.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
kw335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 ///M

Garage List
From the sound of your build, it will come in the plastic dash. I'm surprised your salesman didn't give you the right build info. You have to get the full leather or vent seat package. M model do not have leather dash as standard!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
djosephs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6M

Thanks for the comments. I knew about the full leather option for $3800 but I just had to draw the line somewhere when the car was already at $97k. What confused me was the build your own X6M site (looked at it well after ordering the car) shows the stitched leather dash in all views, even if you just have the basic Merino leather selected without full leather or vent package. However, if you go to the non-M X6 build site, the default set up visually shows the plastic dash and then adding the full leather does visually change the dash to the stitched leather. So, because of this, I thought the M version came with some lower level of leather on the dash with the full leather packaging upgrading the leather. I guess that is not the case. Although it looks nice, I don't need the additional leather on the dash and other places for almost $4K.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
As others noted, leather dash does not come standard
I saw one without full leather option at the dealership and it had vinyl dash
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

Full leather = No Plastic = ELEGANT
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
Full leather = No Plastic = ELEGANT
True that!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
apollner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

If your order confirmation does not show Option XT1 Merino Leather Dashboard, you probably are not getting a leather dashboard. My 2012 BMW Individual Composition package X6 which I just took delivery of (see separate thread) came with Full Merino Leather, but did not have a leather dash. I suspected that might be the case as the order never showed XT1 on it.

Personally, I love the leather dash option. I had it on my E39 M5. It's rich and luxurious, and you always see it as that's the direction you face when driving!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
I believe ///Ms have slightly different setup
When you order full leather option, you will get leather dash automatically
It also eliminates all interior vinyl completelly!!!
Appreciate 0