XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

Just got the RECALL NOTICE in the mail...

Recall Campaign No. 11V-521: Electric Auxiliary Water Pump

I was already scheduled for the 12 month oil change, and the 24 month brake fluid flush tomorrow morning. I checked and they have the parts for the recall, so I can get that done also.

Does anyone know if the navigation for the 2010 year would be updated with new information? Anything else I should ask for while the blue baby is at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
Recall Campaign No. 11V-521: Electric Auxiliary Water Pump

I was already scheduled for the 12 month oil change, and the 24 month brake fluid flush tomorrow morning. I checked and they have the parts for the recall, so I can get that done also.

Does anyone know if the navigation for the 2010 year would be updated with new information? Anything else I should ask for while the blue baby is at the dealer?
Got it replaced under warranty a couple of months ago
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Ya got mine done with my oil change too… as far as iDrive goes i dont think they updated mine :/
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

It took a while but they got it done.

The dealer had a nicely loaded Alpina 7 series car there with a sticker over $140K!. They had it marked down though to $122K. There is some nice room in the back seat of these cars, and it had a wonderful looking interior with all seats ventilated.

One nice feature was the shifter handle and I-drive knob had a black chrome finish. This car also had the night vision radar option with pedestrian detection! I could use that for all the crosswalkers we have out here! Get out of the way!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
It took a while but they got it done.

The dealer had a nicely loaded Alpina 7 series car there with a sticker over $140K!. They had it marked down though to $122K. There is some nice room in the back seat of these cars, and it had a wonderful looking interior with all seats ventilated.

One nice feature was the shifter handle and I-drive knob had a black chrome finish. This car also had the night vision radar option with pedestrian detection! I could use that for all the crosswalkers we have out here! Get out of the way!!!
Sounds like an amazing machine. I would love that black chrome finish / trim for my car. Im sure that look is jaw dropping.
      01-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
SteveJ
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

I just want to take this opportunity to congratulate Landlord on his great looking ebulient monte carlo blue X6M. I love everything about the vehicle except the Shadow Line door trim. Chrome looks better especially when the external
paint is a dark colour. I wish they would recall all Shadow Line X6Ms!
This brings me to Motex. Mo', how did you get chrome trim on your mighty black sapphire X6M? Shadow Line is standard with this vehicle and boy does it look dull, especially in side view. Conversely chrome looks great
when viewed from the side, especially against the black sapphire paint.
Did it come straight from the factory with chrome door trim? Was it on special order?
Did you place it after purchase? I'm dying to know because I will not buy an X6M without chrome door trim.
I am baffled that people can drive black sapphire X6Ms with Shadow Line. It looks unbelievably dull in side view.
If the exterior colour is light eg alpine white or silverstone then Shadow Line is palatable because of the ensuing contrast. However if the paint is dark eg black sapphire or deep sea blue, there is minimal contrast resulting in a dull, lacklustre appearance, especially in profile.
I'm saving for either a black sapphire or monte carlo blue X6M. Either way it has got to come with chrome door trim.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Got a notice in the mail as well. 2 days after I went in for a oil change and I specifically asked if there was a recall on the X6s.
Appreciate 0