XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #23
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchingnumbers View Post
I tried to take pics but i have led interior lighting installed which white's out the ambient with doors open. With doors closed, the ambient lighting is just not that noticeable in the doors and I couldn't get a good pic.

The ambient lighting is actually not a single led light but rather a optic like tube which provides a low intensity orange candescent lighting source. The light runs under each door handle at the top of the door pocket for pretty much the length of the door pocket. It should be brighter in all fairness, and maybe some modders on this forum will find a way to improve that. The picture below is pretty poor but attempts tp show the light.

Thanks for the picture. that helps a lot. That is exactly what i was noticing in the loaned cars that I wished was in my X6, and now i see that your X6 has it. Thank you. maybe BMW has added that when the upgraded the idrive system. I have the older idrive system as my car was produced in 2008, before the current idrive system was introduced.

I doesn't seem as bright at in the 3 or 5 series models, and it is located in a different spot when doing the comparison between your X6 and the laoners... but i like that feature just the same.

I could not identify this option from the sticker as stand alone or as part of a premium or tech package, both of which my car has.
Nice. I guess it will be hard to tell if this is a standard feature, or if it just happened to be part of a package you opted for when ordering your car. Thanks again for the info.
      01-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #24
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchingnumbers View Post
I tried to take pics but i have led interior lighting installed which white's out the ambient with doors open. With doors closed, the ambient lighting is just not that noticeable in the doors and I couldn't get a good pic.

The ambient lighting is actually not a single led light but rather a optic like tube which provides a low intensity orange candescent lighting source. The light runs under each door handle at the top of the door pocket for pretty much the length of the door pocket. It should be brighter in all fairness, and maybe some modders on this forum will find a way to improve that. The picture below is pretty poor but attempts tp show the light.

I
I could not identify this option from the sticker as stand alone or as part of a premium or tech package, both of which my car has.
Thanks for the picture. that helps a lot. That is exactly what i was noticing in the loaned cars that I wished was in my X6, and now i see that your X6 has it. Thank you. maybe BMW has added that when the upgraded the idrive system. I have the older idrive system as my car was produced in 2008, before the current idrive system was introduced.

doesn't seem as bright at in the 3 or 5 series models, and it is located in a different spot when doing the comparison between your X6 and the laoners... but i like that feature just the same.

Nice. I guess it will be hard to tell if this is a standard feature, or if it just happened to be part of a package you opted for when ordering your car. Thanks again for the info.