XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Alien Covenant Trailer-New

ok, maybe it's the rum talking but does that thing that comes out of the pod not look like an angry "whisker biscuit".....again, might just be the rum talking.

Appreciate 3
TXSTYLE13770.50
fbsm743.00
      04-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
1MOREMOD
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

I dunno .. bustin through a guy's back with all those ribs? thats like ignoring the front-door and purposely crashing through the front window.. makes for a good movie I guess
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

That prologue was fantastic, giving the Engineers back their black goo in a big time payback way. Makes me wonder what happened to Shaw in the meantime, killed or still in stasis sleep? I guess we'll find out next month!

I for one loved Prometheus, I've watched it several times which is pretty rare for me. Aliens is my favorite movie of all time (extended version of course!), but I soured on the series pretty quickly after that. Prometheus was a great reboot in my opinion, and I'm excited to see how Covenant goes. Very cool!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Will need to make sure my Uber card is charged, and I have a new bottle of something to drink on a Friday off before I go!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
That prologue was fantastic, giving the Engineers back their black goo in a big time payback way. Makes me wonder what happened to Shaw in the meantime, killed or still in stasis sleep? I guess we'll find out next month!

I for one loved Prometheus, I've watched it several times which is pretty rare for me. Aliens is my favorite movie of all time (extended version of course!), but I soured on the series pretty quickly after that. Prometheus was a great reboot in my opinion, and I'm excited to see how Covenant goes. Very cool!
Explain Promethius to me, it finished and i was like .... oooooookaaaaayyyy. NFI what happened. none.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #8
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Explain Promethius to me, it finished and i was like .... oooooookaaaaayyyy. NFI what happened. none.
Hah! Well I'm not sure there is a 100% correct answer considering all we know thus far? My take on it, and this is just personal opinion and using my own imagination, is that the Engineers created mankind in their own image. You see this at the beginning of the movie when the one Engineer melts into the water or whatever and starts life on Earth.

After that, it's a bit fuzzy as to why the Engineers now hate mankind. However, I think a subtle clue has to do with Shaw and her crucifix shown several times throughout the movie. I think perhaps the Engineers noticed mankind was steering off course (showing violence and evil towards one another), so they sent down another of their own to help. I think this Engineer became known as Jesus Christ, and we all know how that went down.

Further enraged by mankind killing the "chosen one", the engineers set about developing a plague that would kill all of man kind (it's the black goo stuff). However, and this is where I get confused and haven't really looked online for example, somehow protoaliens begin to form and kill all the Engineers on the planet they set aside to do the doomsday black goo testing. (You see this through the flashback hologram etc.).

When Shaw and company wake up the last Engineer on the planet, he still sees humans as vile and evil so he starts killing them all. He gets nailed by that huge face hugger, and we see the movie end with a proto alien (which doesn't look too much like the Aliens we see in the other movies because they haven't evolved to that point yet).

Am I entirely wrong here or is there anybody who knows better? I don't *think* the Engineers created the Aliens, or if they did, it was a mistaken byproduct of the black goo?

LoL, I tried! ;D
Appreciate 2
      04-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #9
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Yea I thought Prometheus 1 was good out of nostalgia for the reboot but some of the explanations a bit sketchy..

like the initial scene.. head-scratcher until someone explained it.. and then I scratched even harder!

then this insane desire to meet the "engineer" who sees violent men "off course" but then goes ahead and does the same and slaughters them like sheep (kinda contradictory)
at this point I'm hitting myself in the forehead

I just wish they would stick to the old formula of gut bustin craziness without wanting to be so "intellectual" and philosophical that they end up being dumb
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I am even more confused now. Made the mistake of googling it too ....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #11
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Anything to get that bad taste of Prometheus out of my memory...

That was a big bunch of fail! I am pretty sure Cameron realized and heard the many critics and has gotten back to the roots and rawness of the original.
I'm there.
      05-02-2017, 09:12 AM   #12
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Anything to get that bad taste of Prometheus out of my memory...

That was a big bunch of fail! I am pretty sure Cameron realized and heard the many critics and has gotten back to the roots and rawness of the original.
I'm there.
um.....James Cameron had nothing to do with the original Alien. It was directed by Ridley Scott. Prometheus was directed by Scott as well as is Alien Covenant.

Aliens (Alien 2) was directed by James Cameron and Ridley Scott had nothing to do with it. That is why the two movies are so very different in their flow and screenplay. Each was awesome in their own right.

I enjoyed Prometheus even though it was a little confusing at first. With Covenant coming out now I see it in an even better light as more of a "reboot" of the original Alien theme while not necessarily tying directly into it.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #13
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Will need to make sure my Uber card is charged, and I have a new bottle of something to drink on a Friday off before I go!!!!!!
I love the series, especially the original.....this one is guaranteed to give nightmares
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
um.....James Cameron had nothing to do with the original Alien. It was directed by Ridley Scott. Prometheus was directed by Scott as well as is Alien Covenant.

Aliens (Alien 2) was directed by James Cameron and Ridley Scott had nothing to do with it. That is why the two movies are so very different in their flow and screenplay. Each was awesome in their own right.

I enjoyed Prometheus even though it was a little confusing at first. With Covenant coming out now I see it in an even better light as more of a "reboot" of the original Alien theme while not necessarily tying directly into it.
Relax. That's who I meant. And it still sucked IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #15
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Ok.... Saw it last night.

3/5 stars (and that's mostly because of how much I appreciate the franchise as a whole)

The story line was just ok. Although it does tie the original/first Alien movie in and how the first Alien film will begin. There was some VERY annoying moments in this movie. With the most coming early on when they initially land on the planet and some stupidity ensues. The action was better than Prometheus, but should've been much better. I don't know if Scott plans to make another one. But I'd probably leave well enough alone.

Definitely wait for video...
      05-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #16
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

We saw it last night also. Thought it was meh. Story was predictable and I hope we weren't suppose to be surprised by the ending because you could see it coming a mile away.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #17
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Ok.... Saw it last night.

3/5 stars (and that's mostly because of how much I appreciate the franchise as a whole)

The story line was just ok. Although it does tie the original/first Alien movie in and how the first Alien film will begin. There was some VERY annoying moments in this movie. With the most coming early on when they initially land on the planet and some stupidity ensues. The action was better than Prometheus, but should've been much better. I don't know if Scott plans to make another one. But I'd probably leave well enough alone.

Definitely wait for video...
+1 ! I watched Alien Covenant last night in my home cinema ...

I give it a 4/5 but it can always better, probably because like usual we expect too much .
For me personal the last 2 min. were really surprising ! And with these last 2 min. Scott is ready for the next Alien ..
Saw last week an interview with Scott , he said the story is already ready for the next Alien and meanwhile he talked with Sigourny-Weaver...
Sigourny Weaver said to Scott...I'm too old for the shit ! And scott said no worries I can make you 20 years younger in the movie !
Of course we will see...But I'm already curious for the next Alien

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0