XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #111
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, Aston V12 VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM335i View Post
I have to agree that the wheels are too big. I dont know much about the quality of ADV1 but I feel like those wheels do not fit. Too much focus on the wheels and not on the beauty of the beast. I feel like something is wrong with the rear offset too.. any plans on putting the rear scuderia bumper?
They're only 1" larger than stock 19" wheels. The spokes are really thin and all the way to the wheel lips make the wheels look bigger.
Nothing wrong with any of the offsets, you should know that camera/iphone/lens, lighting etc can change pic perspective.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #112
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
People in here are funny, first some said that my ADV.1 wheels are crap and will fail even though they don't have/no first-hand experience with ADV.1 wheels then now you seems to know my financial situation LOL GTFO!
Your ADV.1 wheels will not fail. Nor are they "crap." The sizing and fitment is also perfect. Although I will never have any reason to buy them in order to gain first hand experience with them...it's kind of like the hottest 24 year old actress showing up to the Oscars in a dress from Target. It might still look good, but people will laugh at her, all while she argues that the dress performs the same function as a couture piece. Make sense?

It's a Ferrari. If you're going to put wheels on it, make them proper...not from some no-name boutique Miami wheel house with absolutely no heritage. Do you see BBS or any other proper manufacturer of racing wheels which belong on a Ferrari market their products on Instagram? Brand whore, wheel snobbery, elitist..call it what you will, but ADV.1 just isn't at that level. In a few years, no one will know what ADV.1 is. They'll be gone as soon as another guy with better photophop editing skills comes along and takes pics of a new brand of wheels on a flashy car. Does anyone even remember 360 Forged?

This is the internet. If you're going to post pics of your car, have a thicker skin and don't be too sensitive to criticism.

And to the people fascinated with the money/financial aspect...keep in mind it's a used Ferrari, not new. Very doable on an software engineer's salary with 10 years experience, even with a kid. To top it off, he lives in CO. I don't see where the fascination is there.

Last edited by FC4; 07-30-2014 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #113
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Your ADV.1 wheels will not fail. Nor are they "crap." The sizing and fitment is also perfect. Although I will never have any reason to buy them in order to gain first hand experience with them...it's kind of like the hottest 24 year old actress showing up to the Oscars in a dress from Target. It might still look good, but people will laugh at her, all while she argues that the dress performs the same function as a couture piece. Make sense?

It's a Ferrari. If you're going to put wheels on it, make them proper...not from some no-name boutique Miami wheel house with absolutely no heritage. Do you see BBS or any other proper manufacturer of racing wheels which belong on a Ferrari market their products on Instagram? Brand whore, wheel snobbery, elitist..call it what you will, but ADV.1 just isn't at that level. In a few years, no one will know what ADV.1 is. They'll be gone as soon as another guy with better photophop editing skills comes along and takes pics of a new brand of wheels on a flashy car. Does anyone even remember 360 Forged?

This is the internet. If you're going to post pics of your car, have a thicker skin and don't be too sensitive to criticism.

And to the people fascinated with the money/financial aspect...keep in mind it's a used Ferrari, not new. Very doable on an software engineer's salary with 10 years experience, even with a kid. To top it off, he lives in CO. I don't see where the fascination is there.
Nobody laughed at my ADV.1 wheels when people saw my car in person.
You prob don't know me but I know every mod that I put on my car inside-out, same as my previous modded cars.
Let me help you know more about BBS quality, this is what you get with the $9000 BBS F1:
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360...no-wait-7.html
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/mo...de-height.html

For sure clearly you don't know shit about Ferrari and hate ADV.1, so GTFO, no need to read any of my thread or comment anything.
And btw, if I'm just earning a regular $100K software engineer salary, I definitely could NOT afford an F430 + the mods + maintenance + nice daily driver + house while maintaining a good lifestyle (travelling, upscale dining out, other hobbies/interests etc).
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #114
AustinYellowMakesMeHard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Started out really liking this thread, but turns out OP is kind of a tool. Congrats on the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #115
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinYellowMakesMeHard View Post
Started out really liking this thread, but turns out OP is kind of a tool. Congrats on the car.
Let me explain, I don't have any problem at all with my current and previous ADV.1 wheels. They're the lightest wheels available for F430, strong, great build quality and looks amazing.

But then FC4 said ADV.1 is garbage and it's a shame to put those in a Ferrari and suggested to get BBS wheels instead.
The only widely available BBS wheels for Ferrari is the F1 and actually BBS F1 are the crap wheels to put on F430. They are expensive, $9000 a set, and very well known in the Ferrari community that they have bad fitment/offsets, they will rub unless you don't lower the car and use stock size tires (225 width front and 285 rears --> meaning you need to stretch your tires). Def crap wheels LOL.
Here's just one thread from people with real experience with BBS F1:
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #116
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Now back to regular programming
Custom S-Line exhaust is being made plus Brembo GT BBK with 15" rotors will be installed soon:

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #117
AustinYellowMakesMeHard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Let me explain, I don't have any problem at all with my current and previous ADV.1 wheels. They're the lightest wheels available for F430, strong, great build quality and looks amazing.

But then FC4 said ADV.1 is garbage and it's a shame to put those in a Ferrari and suggested to get BBS wheels instead.
The only widely available BBS wheels for Ferrari is the F1 and actually BBS F1 are the crap wheels to put on F430. They are expensive, $9000 a set, and very well known in the Ferrari community that they have bad fitment/offsets, they will rub unless you don't lower the car and use stock size tires (225 width front and 285 rears --> meaning you need to stretch your tires). Def crap wheels LOL.
Here's just one thread from people with real experience with BBS F1:
Don't care. ADV = 360 forged = buncha scammers. Also have you not seen those QC issue threads ? The way they handled those situations were abysmal.

If you're happy with putting your czar and yourself at risk by buying cast "forged" wheels from ADV then be my guest. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 01:35 AM   #118
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Exceptional build! It's nice to see someone doing such tasteful mods! The ADV.1 setup looks amazing considering u have no ride issues Keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #119
Savory
Kaskasero
Rep
Drives: You Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post

LOL why do you care so much what wheels he puts on HIS Ferrari. Like it's a crime against humanity to modify the car with parts he wants? For all I care he can put fart cans and Lamborghini stickers and I still wouldn't tell him what to do with his own money
2001 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #120
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Installed:
- Fabspeed ceramic-coated headers
- Fabspeed high-flow cats
- S-Line xpipe
- S-Line exhaust

Details of the S-Line xpipe & exhaust:

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #121
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Any story on the Audi quattro next to your car?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #122
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Here are some videos.

- I took the revving part using a DSLR but iPhone vids after that:
RR430 - True F1 high pitch sound - YouTube

- Somebody took these next two vids when I was leaving cars & coffee:
RR430 Acceleration - YouTube
Ronnie's RR430 Project: F1 Exhaust - YouTube
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #123
rjpeaks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport 6pd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Any story on the Audi quattro next to your car?
x2

that thing is awesome. and very rare.
      08-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #124
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

Quote:
Here are some videos.

- I took the revving part using a DSLR but iPhone vids after that:
RR430 - True F1 high pitch sound - YouTube

- Somebody took these next two vids when I was leaving cars & coffee:
RR430 Acceleration - YouTube
Ronnie's RR430 Project: F1 Exhaust - YouTube
OMG. Serious respect for making the way a Ferrari should sound. My jaw dropped when you gunned in that first video I was not expecting all that sound.

I took out a F430 Scuderia while I was in Modena, Italy back in June at my quick stop at the Ferrari factory that car was just so raw.

So it looks like the high flow cats are the only things, no mufflers right? I never thought the F430s could sound as good as the F355 with headers and exhaust but I was wrong!

Last edited by SuckaGDog; 08-14-2014 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #125
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Holy Moly, that car sounds absolutely amazing.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #126
R7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BM

Very nice car. Lucky you
      08-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #127
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
OMG. Serious respect for making the way a Ferrari should sound. My jaw dropped when you gunned in that first video I was not expecting all that sound.

I took out a F430 Scuderia while I was in Modena, Italy back in June at my quick stop at the Ferrari factory that car was just so raw.

So it looks like the high flow cats are the only things, no mufflers right? I never thought the F430s could sound as good as the F355 with headers and exhaust but I was wrong!
Thanks!
No muffler, just cats --> x-pipe --> exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmealRocks View Post
Hi OP. Could you tell us what the approx. amount you spent on your mods? What are the maintenance costs associated with your car? I really like what you did and curious on the what you spent on the mods and what are some of your favorite mods. Thanks
Approx mod cost with new retail prices on parts: ~$45K (parts only) plus labor cost
Annual service: ~$1000-$2000/year
Insurance: ~$1000-$2000/year
I need to replace my clutch & flywheel pretty soon, maybe next Spring: ~$10K
If F1 pump/relay/actuator failed: $5K to $15K-plus
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #128
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Two videos comparison between stock F430 exhaust vs S-Line.

Taken with Samsung phone (closer to the real sound in person):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...04587259785324

Taken with iPhone (sounds deeper, Samsung def takes better sound recording quality - the vid on facebook above):
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #129
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

That car sounds ridiculous. Wow, love it! There's another F430 on youtube that has a similar setup (fabspeed headers, custom exhaust). It might be the only F430 louder than yours:
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #130
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
That car sounds ridiculous. Wow, love it! There's another F430 on youtube that has a similar setup (fabspeed headers, custom exhaust). It might be the only F430 louder than yours:
My car sounds similar and same loudness also in person actually.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #131
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Dreams do come true!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #132
RonnieRenaldi