XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
X6MS1000rr
Rep
Drives: 12 X6M

New member: ready

Greeting All!

Saying hello from the Chicago Area, (by Great Lakes). I'm a Automation/Maintenance Manager who worked his way up. A month ago I purchased a 2012 Alpine White X6M. Beautiful vehicle!!! I'm mostly a Motorcycle guy, this is my 1st German & Hi performance car. I always did my own dyno tuning (rent the time) for bikes (Power commanders/Bazzaz, O2 sensors~EGA, stoich, Ti-Force, Akrapovic, Vanson, Arai, Carbon can/emissions delete, BMW GS911 Tool,etc.).<---Some of the brands I own, terms I'm familiar with.

I have added the Megan exhaust (not much louder than stock) and just received the Agency racing catless downpipes. Tuning will come after the DP's, still researching for best quality/gains/reliability. I've seen some kits but don't want to order a shifted ignition map (X6M pulls harder off the line but dies/flattens-out by 4k).

Getting ready to buy the Coding Cable(s), huge thread. If there are any NW Illinois members who meet and/or code, please pm me if you're willing to give a quick course on BMW's and I will gladly pay u for your time.

Great Board, looking forward to learning and posting "how to's" and hopefully meeting some of you!
best Regards,
AS
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Welcome to the forum.

Since you're bike guy you will love the car. As far as coding if you don't find someone to help you locally you might try the guy I used from the UK .

For $5 you get the software (NCSexpert), token and latest Daten files. I paid $40 extra to get a hands tutorial with him remotely coding a few things on my car while I watched (and recorded). Since then I have coded several things (get rid of all disclaimers,etc)
John is a nice guy, he patiently waited while I downloaded and setup screen recording.
https://www.fiverr.com/cj83lex/give-...-code-your-bmw

You're right biggest problem with coding is digesting the huge amount of information available.

Cheers
      07-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
X6MS1000rr
Rep

DMLGC,
thanks for the reply. I registered on Fiverr last night and briefly chatted with the Gentleman. I was leary of proceeding with the transaction then but looks like I will be contacting him after my vacation.

Thanks again,
AS
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Welcome to the BMW forums!
The parts for our cars aren't cheap so get ready to spend lots of $$$ since there aren't many parts available for N63/S63 vehicles lol. (Low supply and low demand)
You will find many free coders in the forums if you search around or for a "donation fee". Or if you would like to code your self, you need to invest in a OBD II cable that is compatible with our cars. If you search, you will find a DIY for coding.

I too am in the Automation industry. Where do you work? I was in Chicago for about a year working on my project. It's too bad I moved back to Michigan... =(
I also own Suzuki 2005 GSX-R 600.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #5
X6MS1000rr
Rep

Been busy lately, working for Amazon Fulfillment Center in Kenosha, Wi. I'm originally from and live near northern Chicago. I will would like to track down some of the DIY Coders near Chicago, for sure. Haven't had time to install the AR DP's BUT next week, I promised myself I will! Can't wait!
Good to see another MC rider on the Board!
Appreciate 0