XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
ckone
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i

X6 35i Exhaust Help!!

Hey guys, i'm not really sure how come my Right side exhaust doesn't blow things out, only my left side one does. I asked one of my frd who drive a 335i, he told me that it has the same problem before. But he said he unplug sth at the back of the trunk and it opens another valve. After he unplug sth, the exhaust sound is louder and both exhaust work equally.

Can i do the same thing as 335i for my X6 35i? if yes, how can i do that?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
Henry1515
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

X6 35i Exhaust Help!!

The reason is that there is a valve built inside the right exhaust pipe. I was told it remain "closed" until the car reached certain speed then it "open". I Learned this when I change my X6 35i exhaust tip to the 50I exhaust tip. They remove the valve in order to accommodate the 50i exhaust tip. After removing the valve the X6 seems to loss the low end torque which I am very disappointed. But what done cannot be undo unless I opt for a OEM exhaust and BMW do not recommend that due to warranty issue. So now I am struck with it and hoping there is something to make up for the loss of the low end torque.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry1515 View Post
But what done cannot be undo unless I opt for a OEM exhaust and BMW do not recommend that due to warranty issue. So now I am struck with it and hoping there is something to make up for the loss of the low end torque.
I had order a set of after market Hartge Quart Exhaust and a set of lowering spring, comming in tomorrow, didnt like the square over kind of Exhaust in the 50i. I had ask BMW about this change but they didnt tell me anything about warranty issue, may be ask them again.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Henry1515
Private
Singapore
Rep

"I had order a set of after market Hartge Quart Exhaust and a set of lowering spring, comming in tomorrow, didnt like the square over kind of Exhaust in the 50i. I had ask BMW about this change but they didnt tell me anything about warranty issue, may be ask them again."

So is PML going to do the change for you? including the lowering spring too? How much is the Hartge Quart? Is it the whole set? Which brand of the lower spring did you purchase? Ha, realized you are in Singapore too?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 04:25 AM   #5
audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry1515 View Post
"I had order a set of after market Hartge Quart Exhaust and a set of lowering spring, comming in tomorrow, didnt like the square over kind of Exhaust in the 50i. I had ask BMW about this change but they didnt tell me anything about warranty issue, may be ask them again."

So is PML going to do the change for you? including the lowering spring too? How much is the Hartge Quart? Is it the whole set? Which brand of the lower spring did you purchase? Ha, realized you are in Singapore too?
Hi not only we are singaporean we share the same name . It is the whole set of the Hartge exhaust and the spring is Hartge too. BMW is doing the change for me. Exhaust is about AUD$5,200 and the spring AUD$1300. Dont need the rear spring because it is self levering.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
Henry1515
Private
Singapore
Rep

Great, show pictures before and after the transform. Why do you want to lower the ride? Isn't SAV should be at this height? I am thinking of that too because sometime find it a problem for old folk getting in. So are you based in Singapore or Australia?
Appreciate 0