XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-21-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
alanber8407
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 x5 individual

2006 x5 power to satnav/display problem

hey guys! unfortunatley my first post on here is with a problem with my x5! its a 2006 e53 le mans, with wide screen and satnav.
basically i have sound, i can control radio volume and station through the steering wheel controls, but the display on radio is blank, i have tried a working bm54 and nav drive, issue is still the same.
so today i ripped out some of the wiring and figured out there is no power coming to my nav unit. the nav unit then feeds power to the display, i ran 12v into the sat nav drive and it came to life, and also the display, all working fine. so now i know that the issue is with the power feed to the sat nav drive,

does anyone know where this power comes from? its the red/white trigger wire. (i have the constant power in the red/grey wire) is it fed from the bm54 unit? or from body control module? foot well module? thanks for any help guys !
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanber8407 View Post
hey guys! unfortunatley my first post on here is with a problem with my x5! its a 2006 e53 le mans, with wide screen and satnav.
basically i have sound, i can control radio volume and station through the steering wheel controls, but the display on radio is blank, i have tried a working bm54 and nav drive, issue is still the same.
so today i ripped out some of the wiring and figured out there is no power coming to my nav unit. the nav unit then feeds power to the display, i ran 12v into the sat nav drive and it came to life, and also the display, all working fine. so now i know that the issue is with the power feed to the sat nav drive,

does anyone know where this power comes from? its the red/white trigger wire. (i have the constant power in the red/grey wire) is it fed from the bm54 unit? or from body control module? foot well module? thanks for any help guys !

Try XOutpost.com. they are much more active with e53 problems

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0