XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #23
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

///M stands for ///Marketing and not ///Motorsport. So go on, X1 M, X3 M, X4 M, X5 M, X6 M, in fact everything except Z4 M and M7 and M Touring.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMan View Post
And how would you know? Have you driven a X-5/6M? Do you know how M build their cars? Do you know the engineering involved? Are you even in a position to buy a new one?

If you are talking about AMG, then yeah, all they do is put in a larger engine and brakes with stiffer suspension, that's it. But M is different, or is supposed to be different.
you just proved his pt rt over here.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #25
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

in terms of Worldwide sales. Both BMW X5M and BMW X6M outsell the M3 Sedan. The current E90 M3 Sedan will be gone before the end of the year.

The BMW X5M and BMW X6M have their market and have proved to be successful especially for emerging markets where luxury products are in demand.
Surprisingly the X6M is favoured by the female demographic in China.
For them it is an ideal sports car.
      02-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #26
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

"sports car"
Damn Chinese still have a lot of learn!!!

I'm really surprised by the low M3 sedan sales.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #27
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
you just proved his pt rt over here.
Well I'm not happy with some of BMW's products either like that freakish GT.

But I'm saying how should he know? Does he work at BMW? People here make grand assumptions without really knowing how M works. Does he know what really goes on inside M? Has he actually driven a X-5/6M? I am betting not.

And now we have a 1 M that is supposed to satisfy the hardcore group, but judging by these responses, I think there is no satisfying them.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #28
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
///M stands for ///Marketing and not ///Motorsport. So go on, X1 M, X3 M, X4 M, X5 M, X6 M, in fact everything except Z4 M and M7 and M Touring.

So what's the problem with BMW making an M model of every chassis? So many whiners. If they make one M car that you are in the market for then who cares if they make a dozen or even three dozen that you don't like? If they don't make a single car that you like currently then the fact that they are making M versions of nearly all their models simply ensures that if you like any BMW model, there will be an M version that you would want.
Appreciate 0