XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
mariano305
Private
Rep
Drives: x5 4.8 xdrive

Hi i had a srt8 and the same thing would happen to me the problem was the key reader my key was like the mercedes type and it wouldn't read the keys signal so it would shut off. Tell them to check you key and the key insert that's the issue i had they had to replace it and the keys
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
Car car
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Exclamation My 2012 X5 shut off on the highway!

Unexpectedly, my X5 shut off today while on the highway.
Luckily there was heavy traffic so I was not going fast (stop and go).
I was in shock because as I tried to accelerate, I noticed I wasn't going anywhere when I tried to push the gas. I couldn't even steer it off the road to the shoulder because the steering wheel was locked and the brake was stiff!
When I realized that the engine had shut off, I put my foot on the stiff brake and pushed the start button and it started again like nothing happened.
I had to have it towed to the BMW dealer where they are looking at it now!
Not a pleasant experience to be in, but I guess things could have been a lot worse!
Just waiting for them to tell me "nothing is wrong"!

Kind of scared to drive my kids in it now!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
Car car
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Got my 2012 X5 back from the dealer after is shut off while driving it on the highway yesterday. Told them that I wasn't going to accept that nothing was wrong with it and didn't want to drive it until they found out what was wrong.
After a day in the shop, I received a message from the dealer telling me that they found out what the problem was.
They said it was a "software error in the DME as per PUMA Measure" which was found as being 51033547.

Glad that they found what the issue was!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #26
vcdx15
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Update: After having this issue occur and the BMW dealer stating they adjusted the idle per BMW instructions, have been issue free on my 2012 X6 50i . Has been around a year now.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #27
adamm3k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcdx15
I have a brand new 2012 X6 50i with 600 miles on it, and this issue happened to me today. I was exiting the highway, taking a U-turn exit off I35 in Austin, coasting at about 30miles per hour. The engine shut off and power steering locked up. Was pretty scary as this was a sharp turn coming off a highway. The engine light came on and the car went into neutral as this happened. I pulled over and was able to restart and drive home. I hope the dealer figures out the issue, this seems to be a systemic problem.
Same exact thing on my x5 50i. I almost died. Dealership cannot replicate.
Appreciate 0