XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
pnd4pnd
Rep
Drives: X6

Trip Computer - 2013 X6

New X6 owner here. Is there a way to make the trip computer reset every time you start the car or do you have to reset it every time. I have not been able to find this setting but know it exists on other BMWs.

Thanks!
Eric
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
pnd4pnd
Rep

no one?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
snipez999
Private
Rep
Drives: X6M50d

I'd have thought that the reason it does not automatically zero is so that you can see what you average out on gas over a period of time chosen by the user(?)

Anyway there are several trip meters in the X6 - the manual button on the instrument panel; then a trip meter and, I think, additionally an accumulative trip meter both accessed via the I-drive. You can certainly reset the standard trip meter manually there, or keep that (for fuel monitoring) and use the instrument panel button for more regular resetting.

What are you trying to achieve actually?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
pnd4pnd
Rep

i want it to automatically reset (at least one of the trip counters) each time i start the car. my e350 had 2 trip counters, one that reset every time you start and one that kept a running average. i know the bmw 735 has the ability to reset every time you start the car but i cant find the option on the x6.
Appreciate 0