XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
jimf15e
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Comfort Access on 2008 X5

I'll be ordering a 2008 X5 3.0 in 3 months (through military sales). I have to wait the 3 months to time it with my return to the US, so you can only imagine the hemming and hawing I'm going through regarding options. I have CA on my E90 and love it, so I know I'll be getting that again. My question is how it works with the power liftgate. Any info or owners out there? Do I have to use the remote or is there a 'hot' section on the 'gate to raise/lower it like on the E90's front door handles?

One additional question... Is the Sport package a popular option among owners here? I can't afford both Sport and Tech, so I'm trying to decide between the two. BMW's navi system isn't the best (have it on the 3er), but if the Sport isn't popular or worth it I'll go for the Tech. Any advice or words are welcome. Thanks.

Jim
(Sold) 2006 BMW 330i/Jet Black/Black
(Sold) 2005 Audi S4/Moro Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Hi. I got a 2007 last August. I think the '08 work the same. There is a "hot" section on the tailgate to open it. It's a bit finnicky but it works. I love the
Comfort Access.

As for the Sport and Technology package I ordered neither. I did not care for the Technology package and find the Sport package to be kind of an anachronism for this beast. Besides, in itself the X5 is plenty fun to drive. I also will be getting a Z4M Coupé in March so I'll get my Sporty kick with the
Z4. The X5 is my hauler, a rather impressive one at that.

As for the NAV system I have seen none in any car makes that could match a Garmin product, especially for the asking price.

I am canadian so the Sport and Technology packages may differ in the U.S so they may be more interesting.

Enjoy your X5.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

the CA works great on the x5. the rear has a "hot" button as you call it. also a button to raise it on the dash and the remote.
works fine imo.
between tech and sport you should decide between wanting basically the NAV or wanting a smoother ride(also changable)
I have both and wouldnt want it any other way.