XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Tow Truck Driver takes GTR for joy ride

From Jalopnik and in case you needed a reason to buy a dashcam

http://jalopnik.com/tow-truck-driver...for-1788281588

and local affiliate ABC 13
http://abc13.com/news/video-man-clai...yride/1575066/

official post on GTRlife
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...steals-my-car/

Quote:
You wouldn’t think this needs to be said, but if your job is to tow a car to a repair shop, that doesn’t mean you get to take the car to your house and drive it like a maniac. The same way the pizza delivery guy doesn’t help himself to a slice or two of your pizza. Someone may need to explain that to the guy who towed Brian Montgomery’s Nissan GT-R.

The sordid story comes to us from TV station ABC 13 in Houston. Montgomery, who lives in nearby Pearland, is a man who loves his Nissan GT-R. He who uses a wheelchair as a result of a motorcycle crash, but still lives for fast cars, which makes his choice of car pretty obvious.

ABC 13 reports that last week, Montgomery noticed that his GT-R’s transmission warning light had come on. He arranged to have the car towed to the Nissan dealership in Pearland, TX on Sunday, but the car didn’t actually get there until Monday afternoon.

Last edited by EALm4; 10-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: added vids
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i/ 09 E92 335i

That sucks, feel so bad for the owner.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Loser.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #4
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

A couple of years ago the city of Houston did a felony round up of asshats like this. Seems that a lot of these tow truck drivers are felons and this behavior helps prove the case. Feel really bad for the owner........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

It's amazing the forensic Facebook and GPS locating the forums did to reveal the tow truck driver.
Buying a $100,000 car from a Nissan dealer...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsja View Post
That sucks, feel so bad for the owner.
I know right?!! Dude survived a motorcycle accident, in a wheelchair and still wants to stay in the game. Now that's dedication

This scumbag did him wrong
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
It's amazing the forensic Facebook and GPS locating the forums did to reveal the tow truck driver.
Buying a $100,000 car from a Nissan dealer...
What's wrong with a 100k car from Nissan? Please explain.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #8
Gannette
Rep
Drives: Still Looking

Lucky for Tow guy.

But it's a nightmare for the owner. Did anybody watch Ferris Bueller's Day off? No? There had a similar problem with the car parking guys.

Last edited by Gannette; 10-30-2016 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannette View Post
Lucky for Tow guy.

But it's a nightmare for the owner. Does anybody watched the movie nameD Ferris Bueller day off? No? There were a similar crisis with the car parking guys.
Lucky?

I guess you'd do the same if you were him? Idiocy has no bounds....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 06:05 PM   #10
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Man, that nasty filthy fat loser who laughs like Butthead getting in the car is probably what pisses me off just as much as them driving it. Did you see his hands and clothes? Disgusting!

The video captures the car's speed (you can see it in bottom the grey bar), so he hits 51mph once. Not terrible, but he shouldn't be using it, period.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #11
Gannette
Rep
Drives: Still Looking

Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Lucky?

I guess you'd do the same if you were him? Idiocy has no bounds....
You guessed wrong my brother. I don't want to be "Lucky", I want to be "Happy" and "stealing" never made me smile.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #12
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

This is one of the many reasons I hate poor people.

The owner is well respected on the forum. A post from him if you want all the feels...

"What other choice do I have in all this as far as reacting to it all. Am I upset? Am I mad? I'll be real honest with you in saying this has affected me emotionally on levels not typical of others that can't imagine. I know in the end it's just a car and yes there will. E others for sure.

I'm not rich by any means either. I came from a family that grew up without basics. Like electricity, water and heat many times because my parents were poor money managers. I made my own in life and made many struggles in order to own a GTR. I have worked my ass off for it. It brings me a joy that is the closest thing to a sportbike I could afford. When I was injured, motorcycles and road racing them consumed me. I was racing in WERA, CMRA and TMGP. In an instant I lost the ability to continue my passion. I lost friends that meant a lot to me. It hurt on so many levels and it's hard for me to see through my tears to even type this. I struggle daily and 98% of the time I live life as it has been given to me. But it's when things that are out of my control where I have invested good faith into someone or a company been betrayed, it hurts tremendously. It's like someone constantly reminding you of a loved one that passed and that sadness you had when they died relived over and over again. To me yeah the car is something but in the end it's just a car. You can call me a puss or whatever but the hurt is real. The car represents freedom and independence from my injury and that was damaged more than the physical damage."
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:28 AM   #13
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
This is one of the many reasons I hate poor people.
Just to be sure, I'm going to give you an opportunity to rephrase this because it drips with hypocrisy.

Why?

The owner of the GT-R says in your quote that he grew up poor. So based on your logic he was, for some inane reason, worthy of hate before making himself able to afford sportbikes and a GT-R?

No offense, but I know plenty of rich folk worthy of the same disrespect you evidently have for the tow truck driver. Envy, wrath, gluttony, et. al. are not socioeconomic functions, sir.

Carry on ...

Last edited by Viffermike; 10-31-2016 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:37 PM   #14
BU Z4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Big & Small

I dont see any bad driving in those video clips. He follows speed limit and stops at stop signs. I know he should not be driving it at all, in case if I'm missing something in the videos since I fast forward it pretty much.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #15
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU Z4 View Post
I dont see any bad driving in those video clips. He follows speed limit and stops at stop signs. I know he should not be driving it at all, in case if I'm missing something in the videos since I fast forward it pretty much.
Well, he does eventually discover and unplug the camera and then keep the car for an additional day before turning it in for repair... Seeing that he had it for an additional day, we can safely assume he didn't just keep on punching it going around that same block.

Also, he does speed in the car in residential neighborhoods. The camera feed shows the driver's speed on the bottom grey strip.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU Z4 View Post
Look at the video again. One of the clips shows an indicated 75 MPH going through that residential neighborhood. I don't know about you, but I don't know of any residential neighborhood with a 75 MPH speed limit. What we're seeing is video of what was captured and put up. Who knows what else went on that wasn't captured or put out for public consumption.
Appreciate 0