XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-19-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Justa Lota Hot Air!

Now that the weather is much warmer, does anyone find that even with the manual (not Auto) temperature set at 18-20 C., the air blown in thru the vents, from the engine, feels much warmer than 18-20C. I have to use Auto, which switches on the air con. to get cool air. But that reduces engine power. So I have to open the windows to get cooli air...so why don't I just get a roadster!
Or do they make a convertible X6!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Now that the weather is much warmer, does anyone find that even with the manual (not Auto) temperature set at 18-20 C., the air blown in thru the vents, from the engine, feels much warmer than 18-20C. I have to use Auto, which switches on the air con. to get cool air. But that reduces engine power. So I have to open the windows to get cooli air...so why don't I just get a roadster!
Or do they make a convertible X6!
I don't have a bimmer (yet), but I notice that with current car. I'm pretty sure it's one or two things: A) the ducts get hot inside the dash, weather it be from solar radiation, or engine heat through the firewall, etc., or B) it could also be from the evaporator (or condenser, I forget which one actually cools the air inside the dash) not being charged with pressurized refrigerant.

It's a bummer that your bimmer does it to you that way.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Hot air

According to SA, & it seems reasonable upon inspection under hood,
all vent air also comes thru the air intake in frt of the radiator, thru the engine, then into the cabin. So warm engine/ hot day = warm vented air.
i'm amazed they didn't engineer ambient temperature fresh air venting !
It means we've to turn A/C on in hot climate!
What kind of Efficiency Dynamics is that!?
Appreciate 0