XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i

Latest from Dinan...

Finally some good news from Dinan on my car. After 19 weeks, they have cracked the computer and mapped out in an increase in horsepower. It turns out Dinan will most likely offer the performance upgrades in stages. My car is currently in stage one, with an increase of 60 HP. From the test drive they have done, I was told the increase is significant and probably most importantly, they have virtually eliminated the turbo lag. Stage two will come in the next couple weeks, adding another 40- 50 HP. Finally, stage three will end up providing my car a total of 550 HP and should be done in the next month. The suspension has been modified, the new exhaust with black ceramic tips has been installed, next they will be putting on the new brakes and I should be finally receiving my car back by the fourth of July. That will mean 23 weeks, or almost SEVEN MONTHS without my car! Feel free to thank me now
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

It sounds like they will price it at separate stages rather than one price for 500+ bump. I will thank you for it being you and not me (Dinan approached me since I'm close to Morgan Hill but it was "only going to take two weeks"). I very curious what the prices will be compared against an M version but then again you can't get those great black ceramic tips on an M.

I will be waiting to hear your impression of how it performs,rides and sounds.
And take video of the first Porsche Cayenne Turbo S you take out.
Congrats on getting your car back you have more patience than I

Last edited by dmlgc; 06-03-2009 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofitr View Post
Finally some good news from Dinan on my car. After 19 weeks, they have cracked the computer and mapped out in an increase in horsepower. It turns out Dinan will most likely offer the performance upgrades in stages. My car is currently in stage one, with an increase of 60 HP. From the test drive they have done, I was told the increase is significant and probably most importantly, they have virtually eliminated the turbo lag. Stage two will come in the next couple weeks, adding another 40- 50 HP. Finally, stage three will end up providing my car a total of 550 HP and should be done in the next month. The suspension has been modified, the new exhaust with black ceramic tips has been installed, next they will be putting on the new brakes and I should be finally receiving my car back by the fourth of July. That will mean 23 weeks, or almost SEVEN MONTHS without my car! Feel free to thank me now
Thanks for being patient so the rest of us can enjoy their products. What changes are they doing from stock to get you to 550hp? I assume that will be engine tune, exhaust and most likely a big turbo upgrade swapping out the baby stock turbos for the twin-scroll turbos that are in the new M version?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Thanks for being patient so the rest of us can enjoy their products. What changes are they doing from stock to get you to 550hp? I assume that will be engine tune, exhaust and most likely a big turbo upgrade swapping out the baby stock turbos for the twin-scroll turbos that are in the new M version?
+ good question
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Foofitr

Thanks for the incredible leap of faith & 23 weeks of not having the
x6.
What did u drive while Dinan had ur x6 on their hoist?
Any news on the x6 3.5i while u were there?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I would assume that they would also have to upgrade the cooling system on the engine if they push the output that far up!

I wonder if the X6M also has a reinforced or different (stronger) transmission system or if it is still the stock version. Same goes for the DPC system.

I think by the time you add all the Dinan changes/mods to a stock X6, you probably spent as much as a new X6M costs you. Especially considering that the X6M comes standard with a lot of stuff that's optional on a 'normal' X6 50i!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
rdk
Rep
Drives: 09 X6 50i VR Blk Nappa

Final Testing

Dinan is offering free software to 4 local X6 50i owners who will allow them to flash your car while you wait and then drive for 30 days. You will only be without your car for a total of 2 days. If I was local, I would jump at this offer. See their website for full details.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Footfitr,

Did you get your X6 back yet? How is the performance? What all did Dinan do other than software flash and exhaust? Any drone with their exhaust? Post some pics
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i

delayed again, won't receive it unitl 2nd week in July, and it looks like it will only be in stage 2. No pics from them yet, and I'm totally bummed!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #10
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofitr View Post
delayed again, won't receive it unitl 2nd week in July, and it looks like it will only be in stage 2. No pics from them yet, and I'm totally bummed!
Damn. That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I would be really bummed too because in October the 2010 X6s will be out with the new iDrive and 450hp for the 50i version. I would let them know that and I
Appreciate 0