XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-27-2016, 01:20 PM   #67
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I actually like it. It is a really balanced car. Makes a great daily. It is not as brutally fast as the M4, obviously. And, once you get the E92 up to revs, it is more fun... but it is not that easy to keep it at revs in normal driving conditions. Honestly, I love the M2. It has just the right amount of power - it handles it well. I like small cars and it feels WAY smaller than that M4 does. I would definitely get one if you are thinking about it. I wouldn't pay way over list for it though.
Interesting... I do miss my e92 all the time... I just had euro engine coded into my f80 and there's a noticeable difference, but straightline speed was never an issue with the car... It has increased the sound of the exhaust and now idles with a deeper growl...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:22 PM   #68
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Interesting... I do miss my e92 all the time... I just had euro engine coded into my f80 and there's a noticeable difference, but straightline speed was never an issue with the car... It has increased the sound of the exhaust and now idles with a deeper growl...
Dude... GET the Performance exhaust. Whole different car. I would link you to the brief audio clip I made, but the kind folks of OT pointed out to me how much I suck at making exhaust clips. That car with the performance exhaust is a beast. For real. In stock form, the F87 exhaust sounds better than the F82 - no lie.
      06-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #69
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
It's pretty funny when you actually say that to someone (you don't really do that). I said that to a PANYNJ police officer because he told my friend to get the **** outta here. She was asking for the elevator as she was in a wheelchair. I thought that what he did went beyond insensitivity and just wasn't going to let it go (I've always taken the NYC hero movie BS with a grain of salt).

I laid into him and got in his face and told him my sunglasses were more than a month's pay for him with overtime on Sundays. If this were the 80's I'd probably be going for a tune up, but he was a short dude with small feet
Just my .02 - but anytime anybody states that their sunglasses are more expensive than somebodies salary, I find that to be arrogant... Even Trump would never do that, and he doesn't have the greatest understanding of every day people...

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #70
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Dude... GET the Performance exhaust. Whole different car. I would link you to the brief audio clip I made, but the kind folks of OT pointed out to me how much I suck at making exhaust clips. That car with the performance exhaust is a beast. For real. In stock form, the F87 exhaust sounds better than the F82 - no lie.
I didn't care too much for it... Also, it's not like your e92 where a $4K exhaust WILL make a significant difference... It's marginal at best on the f8x... DP's and open valves sound just as good...

That said, I think I will go the route of this... Dat GTS startup and dat GTS overrun...

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #71
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
I'm with you there. Except when the lady is eyeing you as she watches the valet take your keys and head over to the exotics... then looks away and chuckles when he grabs your M from between the Lambo and the Ferrari! Haha...
Hahah. (Un)fortunately I dont have those worries, since I'm always with my lady at these types of places.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #72
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
Hahah. (Un)fortunately I dont have those worries, since I'm always with my lady at these types of places.
The perfect answer! (Me too, by the way.)

06-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #73
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe

I always prefer to park myself but in NY it's sometimes not possible.

Mostly I'll have someone else drive but I have of course.

I walk around head to toe inside and out before they even hand me my key.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #74
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY10 View Post

I would also reset a tripmeter to 0.0. If it registers more than 0.1mi, someone's got some explaining to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #75
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY10 View Post

I would also reset a tripmeter to 0.0. If it registers more than 0.1mi, someone's got some explaining to do.
I have an automatic in the car. It logs everything while the car is on and then uploads the info to my phone.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/automati...&skuId=5406029
      06-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #76
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
I have an automatic in the car. It logs everything while the car is on and then uploads the info to my phone.

hashtag trustissues
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #77
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I try to never valet. I've only used valet maybe 2 or 3 times in my life time. Once for my 94 Z28. And a couple of times for my 06 Focus. When I figured out there were other parking garages which don't require valet in the area, I used those instead. With my 135i, it's never been through valet except for the dealership having porters moving the car around. I remember pulling into one garage in DC where they say I had to valet my 135i, I turned my car around and looked for another garage.

With the comments about how many people handle your car at the dealership, I don't know if your dealership does this but mine has a bunch of checks and balances to keep shenanigans to a minimum. Upon dropping off the car, the guy checking in the car walks around and notes any damage while you're there. If any damage is noted, it's marked on the sheet which you end up signing after the guy finishes walking around the car. While the car is worked on, the dealership has a camera at each service bay monitoring what is going on with the car.

How I know about the latter was when I ran into an issue with a crack in the gauge cluster which wasn't there when I dropped it off. The crack was minor on the clear plastic but it was there. The service adviser said he would check the camera system to see if they could pick up on if the tech did anything to cause the damage. In the end, the dealership replaced the gauge cluster. Things do slip by and some other minor things have happened with my car but the dealership hasn't tried to skirt any responsibility for the things I brought up.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #78
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Haha... those reviews are GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDouche
I use this with my iPad mini2, I bought the app to allow me to see diagnostic info in real time, works perfectly. Gives you a wealth of information based on the year and model of your vehicle.
Really, the information is BASED on the year and model of your vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOtherDipshit
Remember your trip, and remember where you parked. So far I like it.
Wow... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnerOfLoserPrize
It will make you drive a little safer just so you can achieve that goal and the casing is a dishwasher safe reusable cup!
Thank goodness... never get thirsty while checking your stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FravelIsThatYou?
I loved this thing but returned it because I am a broke recent graduate
Wow... maybe they could have taught you something about not buying it in the first place?
      06-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #79
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
Quote:

hashtag trustissues
#iwillfindyouandiwillkillyou
      06-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #80
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Valet?

I just got from Vegas and still wouldn't valet for free...

Then I would have to tip them.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #81
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
okay liam neeson...

If you are Albanian though, could be legitimate threat however...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #82
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:

Haha... those reviews are GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDouche
I use this with my iPad mini2, I bought the app to allow me to see diagnostic info in real time, works perfectly. Gives you a wealth of information based on the year and model of your vehicle.
Really, the information is BASED on the year and model of your vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOtherDipshit
Remember your trip, and remember where you parked. So far I like it.
Wow... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnerOfLoserPrize
It will make you drive a little safer just so you can achieve that goal and the casing is a dishwasher safe reusable cup!
Thank goodness... never get thirsty while checking your stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FravelIsThatYou?
I loved this thing but returned it because I am a broke recent graduate
Wow... maybe they could have taught you something about not buying it in the first place?
Omfg

I actually get upset when I get a high score, it means I'm not driving fast enough or burning through gas.

But really, I got it just to make sure no one takes the car anywhere or hard brakes/floors it.
      06-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #83
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Quote:
okay liam neeson...

Guess you'll never know....
      06-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #84
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I try to never valet. I've only used valet maybe 2 or 3 times in my life time. Once for my 94 Z28. And a couple of times for my 06 Focus. When I figured out there were other parking garages which don't require valet in the area, I used those instead. With my 135i, it's never been through valet except for the dealership having porters moving the car around. I remember pulling into one garage in DC where they say I had to valet my 135i, I turned my car around and looked for another garage.

With the comments about how many people handle your car at the dealership, I don't know if your dealership does this but mine has a bunch of checks and balances to keep shenanigans to a minimum. Upon dropping off the car, the guy checking in the car walks around and notes any damage while you're there. If any damage is noted, it's marked on the sheet which you end up signing after the guy finishes walking around the car. While the car is worked on, the dealership has a camera at each service bay monitoring what is going on with the car.

How I know about the latter was when I ran into an issue with a crack in the gauge cluster which wasn't there when I dropped it off. The crack was minor on the clear plastic but it was there. The service adviser said he would check the camera system to see if they could pick up on if the tech did anything to cause the damage. In the end, the dealership replaced the gauge cluster. Things do slip by and some other minor things have happened with my car but the dealership hasn't tried to skirt any responsibility for the things I brought up.
funny thing a lot of people don't seem to pick up on: the reason why a lot of places do valet only is because they are so limited in parking they basically have to park cars extremely close to each other, if you knew how and where your car ends up parked I bet most wouldn't park it in the same spot themselves
      06-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #85
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Didn't think you'd all feel this strongly about not using valet... Valet all the time, always have... End of the day, it's just a car... Plus, around these parts, M3/M4 is pretty much a Honda Accord... Whenever I leave the house, within 10 minutes I'll see a handful...

That said, never had an issue with utilizing valet... Back east, would rather parking garage / valet because I guarantee you that your chances of getting damage to your car from street parking is far higher than valet... Here in LA, even the farmer's market has valet parking... Sometimes it makes these kids days when they see you pull in and don't act like you're driving a koenigsegg... Most places I frequent like particular restaurants or even the gym will remember me and go out of their way to make sure nothing happens to my cars... Either parked up front or away from pedestrians... *shrugs - depends where you live I suppose... Not as many options for self parking in NYC or LA as it is... That and if you take care of them, they'll remember or leave it in some prime parking spot...

I'm not sure I would use airport valet... They kind of know you're not coming back for awhile...
Exactly.... I valet my car at least once a week here in LA. It is rarely if ever the most hoonable car those valets will see in a night and life is too short to endlessly search for parking. I know there are horror stories but if you don't act like a douche bag when you pull up valets will typically be respectful.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #86
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
This may possibly be the absolute most awesome post to literally follow an accusation of arrogance ever! Haha..

But it's necessarily hyperbole, can you truly be arrogant, when what you're saying isn't possible...

The cop earns about 105k which I take to include overtime...could my sunglasses really cost almost 9 grand? Of course not.....

I just wanted to say what I did to get his reaction, I mean such a short guy with small shoes bullying a handicapped person, what was he gonna say anyway
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #87
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV
Quote:
Quote:
okay liam neeson...

Guess you'll never know....
I'm okay with that... You've got three strikes as it is... At least need to have a M3/M4, not have to take notes to keep up, and you don't have big eyeballs...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #88
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW
Quote:
Didn't think you'd all feel this strongly about not using valet... Valet all the time, always have... End of the day, it's just a car... Plus, around these parts, M3/M4 is pretty much a Honda Accord... Whenever I leave the house, within 10 minutes I'll see a handful...

That said, never had an issue with utilizing valet... Back east, would rather parking garage / valet because I guarantee you that your chances of getting damage to your car from street parking is far higher than valet... Here in LA, even the farmer's market has valet parking... Sometimes it makes these kids days when they see you pull in and don't act like you're driving a koenigsegg... Most places I frequent like particular restaurants or even the gym will remember me and go out of their way to make sure nothing happens to my cars... Either parked up front or away from pedestrians... *shrugs - depends where you live I suppose... Not as many options for self parking in NYC or LA as it is... That and if you take care of them, they'll remember or leave it in some prime parking spot...

I'm not sure I would use airport valet... They kind of know you're not coming back for awhile...
Exactly.... I valet my car at least once a week here in LA. It is rarely if ever the most hoonable car those valets will see in a night and life is too short to endlessly search for parking. I know there are horror stories but if you don't act like a douche bag when you pull up valets will typically be respectful.
Exactly this... Never make a fuss and they in turn treat you in kind...

I'm about to head to the gym now where it's valet only during the day... They never take my key, just let me park in a single spot and I take care of the guy time to time... Helps that he loves the M3, but that's neither here nor there... I see dudes making a ruckus all the time and I just don't see the point...
Appreciate 0